PDA

View Full Version : People not leaving number with message

Dan3691
10-14-2007, 11:46 PM
I had a message from someone called Doug wanting his Lawn winterized. Then today I had another call from someone that wanted a estimate on a bunch of properties in Oak Harbor Ohio. They both said that they seen my add on the internet. The only place I put it was on here so I am guessing they visit this site. If anyone calls and leaves a message they need to leave me a number to call back. If they call restricted there number doesn't show up on caller ID. If they leave a voice mail my verizon phone only records the voicemail and doesn't show the number on caller ID. www.freewebs.com/dan3691

Steve
10-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Have you been using craigslist.org at all too? It's free!

Dan3691
10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
No I havn't ever heard of it before

Steve
10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Oh Dan, you have to experiment with that too. It's free and you can put ads in your local geographic area! Many lawn care operators on here use craigslist.org. They have been finding much success by using that.

Try putting together an ad on there and them maybe have a teaser % off if they call by some date.

Let us know what kind of response you get.

SerranoLandscaping
10-15-2007, 11:54 PM
I've picked up 3 jobs with craigslist so far give it a try man..

Dan3691
10-16-2007, 12:00 AM
I'll do that do you guys have any tips on how and what to put on there.

Steve
10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Pete didn't you post some of your craigslist ads in the past here? Can you give us a little text that you posted?

I would suggest, maybe making an offer within a specific time frame to get the person to want to jump on the offer.

10% off fall leaf cleanups by such and such a date, if you mention this ad.

That way you can track where they heard of you from.

Also do a search on google for lawn care and craigslist. It will pull up a bunch of ads and you can see if any of them inspire you.

What's your thought on that?