PDA

View Full Version : Contract for fertilizer application

Dan3691
10-14-2007, 01:34 AM
I'll try this again

Steve
10-14-2007, 11:23 AM
It looks good. The only thing I can think of is it seems focused only on a winter application. Did you want one that was to be used for the entire season's worth of applications and then maybe you check the services to be included? Maybe? Just a thought.

Dan3691
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks I will try to come up with something. I showed someone the contract for there ideas and the first thing they said is I wouldn't sign that. Do you think it is to involved to scare someone away. This person said that I should tell them I will do it for cash and then agree on a price then go get the fertilizer that day and put it down then collect the money. What do you guys think about this.

Steve
10-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Quote[/b] ]Thanks I will try to come up with something. I showed someone the contract for there ideas and the first thing they said is I wouldn't sign that. Do you think it is to involved to scare someone away. This person said that I should tell them I will do it for cash and then agree on a price then go get the fertilizer that day and put it down then collect the money. What do you guys think about this.

As you are just starting out, yes I would keep it as simple as possible. Tell them what you will perform, do it and get payment. Keep it simple. Then as you grow scale up. If you find yourself getting burned too much, then maybe you will want to use a contract. But when you are talking lower sums of money and you are still learning, it's better to not scare away the customer.

If you were jumping into large landscape projects that included you laying out thousands of dollars for materials, then that would be another story as far as the contract goes.

So I do agree with your friend, the easier it is for everyone right now, the better the chances are it will succeed.

Let us know how this goes.

pmblair
10-14-2007, 07:43 PM
If you're going to do something for under about $200, then it would be great to just take the cash and go... but if it involves anything over $200, you might think about a SIMPLE payment contract. Just tell them that the contract will protect you AND them. It ensures that you perform ALL the services you say you will for the amount of time you say for the amount of money you agree upon.... and it also ensures that they will pay when the contract details them to pay. Double coverage. But keep it simple.

That's just my take on it.

Dan3691
10-15-2007, 11:03 PM
pmblair thanks I will do that. By the way did you get my e-mail and I left you a voice mail about the website and logo

pmblair
10-16-2007, 01:36 AM
I got your email but no voice mail... I sent an email to you as well.