PDA

View Full Version : Gonna give it my best

watts_mowing
10-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Roy and I'm starting a lawncare/landscaping business next year (2008). My last 10 years have been spent with a company, which has decided to close the facility I work at so I am going to do this thing! Previously, I worked in this industry for a local fert/weed control company, which eventually sold to AllGreen. I absolutely HATED the corp stuff I found at AG and worked with a buddy of mine mowing. I loved it! I first had thoughts of owning my own business while working for the local guy and those thoughts have never left.

Last year I bought a hustler Mini FasTrax 42" ZTR. The initial purpose for this purchase was to be able to mow me and my Dadís lawns, which equate to approximately 4 acres (we live next door). Aside from those 4 acres of lawn there is another 6 acres of pasture which I use a '52(?) Ford NHH tractor and bush hog for.

Anyway, here and there I picked up a few accounts. Friends, neighbors and the like. June 2007 came and we learned the facility was closing and I spent the next 3 months praying, listening, and talking to my wife about starting up this business.

Yesterday was the day I made up my mind. I knew in my heart that I could and should do this and have the blessings and support of my family. So there it is. I like what I've seen of the site so far and will definitely be coming back.

I can be reached at:
watts_mowing@bellsouth.net

SerranoLandscaping
10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Congrats. You made a great choice plus you already have the knowledge in the green field. Good luck next year *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Steve
10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi Roy,

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on becoming an entrepreneur!
Why are you waiting until next year to start? Why not start now?