PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new

TexaSstar
09-17-2007, 05:07 PM
I have not yet started in th is business but have the capital and I am giving it some serious thought. Thanks for all the tips, I am sure this site will come in handy in the future.

Steve
09-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi TexaSstar,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in starting your own business? Have you ever run a business before?

SerranoLandscaping
09-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you jump in the field soon...

TexaSstar
09-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I have worked in the Mortgage business for the past 10 yrs and things aren't what they used to be. I have never owned my own business before but have always wanted to. I enjoy being outside, even in the heat and the mowing season in Texas only takes a break for about 2 months. The start-up is relatively lower than any other business I have researched. I still have some research to do but plan on starting up next year.

Steve
09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi TexaSstar,

Welcome! Being involved with the real estate industry, did you ever get involved with investing in real estate? Being a landlord or something like that? Do you have any advice for others interested in that?

TexaSstar
09-20-2007, 01:31 PM
If you are going to purchase investment property and rent/lease it out make sure that you check with the state in regards to your rights as a landlord to evict, retain personal property to recoup delinquent rent or repairs to the property. It is not a matter of if but when someone will decide not to pay rent. Make sure that you have a very thorough lease outlining everything. You can find a good lease on line or go to an attorney to tailor one to your needs. It can be tough to find good tenants.

Steve
09-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the insight! Have you ever considered getting into that field or is that not at all interesting to you?