PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Lawn Enforcement
08-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the lawn care scene and have only had my business running for about 2 months. I am now up to 5 accounts. One of my coworkers ownes a lawn care business about 20 miles north of me and he talked me into starting one of my own.

Any help with how to gain more customers would be appreciated. Also my company name is Lawn Enforcement Lawn Care and any ideas for a stand out logo would be great.

Thanks

lawncareinnovations
08-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Hello...........have u checked out the graphics dept. Lots of neat logos there!

Steve
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Lawn Enforcement,

Welcome to our forum! How long has your friend been in business for?

Is this the first time you have run your own business or have you run others before?

Lawn Enforcement
08-21-2007, 08:46 AM
This is the first business I've ever had.

My friend has been in business for about 3 years

Ernest
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Hello Lawn Enforcement. What gave you the idea of using that name, It sounds catchy.

Steve
08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Are you in lawn enforcement? I am guessing you are by your name. If so, one thing that stood out is you could create a 10 point landscape inspection that you could offer. This could help you point out to the homeowner, different issues they may want to address for the security of their property. Things such as bushes blocking the windows, lack of night landscape lighting etc. You could tie this is with being a police officer and then market you have been in lawn enforcement for x years, so you really know what you are talking about.

The top of the flyer could say something like "let me tell you 10 secrets you can do with your landscape to make your home safer" or something like that. It would be really attention grabbing.

Any thoughts?

Lawn Enforcement
08-23-2007, 09:26 AM
You got me, I am in law enforcement and have been an officer for 5 years. I started Lawn Enforcement to supplement my income and to get me outside when i'm not onduty. I never thought of marketing the safety aspects of yard maintanence and had focused mainly on weekly upkeep of yards.

Steve
08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
It's just a thought, but when you are trying to stand out, the easiest way to do it is to accentuate your specialties. Safety and security could be yours. Then once you are able to make a connection with a homeowner through one of your flyer or door hangers, you can then sell them on your weekly maintenance.

I am sure it would't take much for you to come up with a home landscape safety and security checklist.

What would you say has been the toughest part so far about running your business and what wold you have done differently if you could start it over again?

Lawn Enforcement
08-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I think the hardest part about starting my business has been two things. First is jumping through all of the hoops to get my business licenses, and bank accounts opened up. The second was doing the business plan for a bank loan to try and purchase an existing business.

Steve
08-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Were you able to get the bank loan? How much did you go for? Do you have any suggestions to other lawn care operators who may want to try this?