PDA

View Full Version : Need help

08-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I am wanting to start my own business...I have made the flyer and come up with a name " Greenview Superior " I am checking out the trial version of gopher basic and filling in services. What should I charge?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif? I have a 35.00 pay per visit and 75.00 monthly with weekly visits season agreement for mowing, trimming and edging...is this good??? Not sure on fall clean up shrub trimming and mulch..I could use some help with this and other advice is welcome

Steve
08-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Hi makbootzy,

Quote[/b] ]What should I charge?
To find the going rate, why not have a few lawn care operators over to give you a bid on your property or maybe have a friend do this. Three different bids should give you a good ballpark of what your local rate is.

I think the $75 per month with weekly cuts is on the low end.

What got you interested in starting your business? Have you ever run a business before?

08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you that is a good idea. No I have never run a business but just seems right for me as I do not like the idea of making money for other people while I just get by!!!

Steve
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Ok, remember to keep your expenses as low as possible as you learn a little more about your business. Then as you get more comfortable you can look into buying upgraded equipment.

Any thoughts on how you are going to market your business?

08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
My girlfriend and her family are well into the community plan on distributing flyers and word of mouth through them .. newspaper ads , door to door flyers and my mom is in a church here and hope to get alot of business there too as all are mostly elderly and cannot mow

08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
This is my logo I came up with http://a268.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/m_8c06569497c6d840050e13bb4f001b73.jpg

Steve
08-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh that is good! I like that. I think with all the help you have, you are going to find a lot of success!

That is fantastic all your family is so helpful and supportive. Not many people have that!

08-09-2007, 11:00 AM
yeahh it is nice I am also disabled and talkin to vr and I might be able to get all my equipment paid for by them .....also I checked around on pricing and around my area they charge $45 per cut for a small yard....so yeah need to adjust my pricing...Thank you for all your help

Steve
08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I think you have a really great story. If you let your local newspaper know about you starting your new business and that you are a disabled veteran, I bet you could get an article written about you. This could really give you a boost!

Have you considered that?