PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new in Florida

floridaman
08-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi, my wife and I just started a new lawn business in central Florida; right now we both have other jobs and we are trying to get clients but its so competitive! We have advertised on internet and paper and get a few calls each week but besides going door-to-door, don't know what else to do. We are limited on funds right now... How do you get clients on a regular basis? Love this website!! Ken and Lori

Steve
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi Ken,

Welcome to our forum!

Hand out business cards to everyone you know and go door to door in your area and hand out cards. This is the best low dollar way.

When you have more time than money, use your time to market. When you have more money than time, use your money to market.

Have you ever run a business before?

Have you gotten any customers yet?

08-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Here is a small exempt from wikipedia. Article HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing)

It is up to the guerrilla marketer to be creative and devise unconventional methods of promotion. The marketer must use all of his or her contacts, both professional and personal, and must examine his company and its products, looking for sources of publicity. Many forms of publicity can be very inexpensive, others are free.

If you have no or little money, you have to be creative. I found simple quarter sheet, 2 sided flyers on bright green cover stock, worked better for me in my area. And it was cheaper. Read up some more, watch videos and ask questions.

Also, if you have family, cut their yard for free (unless the insist on paying you). People driving by on a hot Sat have stopped me and asked for a quote.

Steve
08-07-2007, 07:38 PM
fyrfyt,

When you were getting started, how did you get over the fear of going out and introducing yourself to new people in your area? Or was that not a problem.

To me at least it seems there is almost a universal aversion to going out and knocking on doors to promote your business.

08-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Well no one wants to be rejected so thats universal. But being a fireman and very extroverted. It was easy for me to bug anyone about lawn stuff.

I sometimes felt like a used car salesman. Until I found out they lived in townhomes. Then it dawned on me.... Who manages your townhomes.