PDA

View Full Version : Just started!! WOW!!

blairville
07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif Hi everyone.
My husband decided to start a lawn maintenance business.
He has 4 accounts so far and in debt for about $11,000 for the first time in his life!!
We started the marketing in our area, Jacksonville, Florida. *
It is everything he expected it to be so there are no surprises yet...
Thanks to Gopher for the templates and the forum ideas are great.

Love Your Lawn is the name

tiedeman
07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
good luck with everything

Steve
07-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi blairville,

Can you tell us more about the debt? What did you spend money on?

What kind of marketing are you doing?

lawncareinnovations
08-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Good luck im in the same boat without the debt!

Steve
08-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi lawncareinnovations,

Welcome to our forum! What got you started in the lawn care business?

phouse65
03-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi,
I have recently started my lawn care business and everything is going along nicely. I started in the fall and had great success with cleanup and now it is time to get customers for mowing. All the calls I receive are for spring cleanups, any suggestions on getting mowing customers for the summer?

Steve
03-10-2011, 01:27 AM
any suggestions on getting mowing customers for the summer?

Welcome to our forum!

What kind of marketing have you been doing so far?

xpertlawnman
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi,
I have recently started my lawn care business and everything is going along nicely. I started in the fall and had great success with cleanup and now it is time to get customers for mowing. All the calls I receive are for spring cleanups, any suggestions on getting mowing customers for the summer?

What I noticed more in the last couple of years, is that I seem to pick up most of my new customers from simply being out on the job and referals from current customers. Flyers and postcards do not have the impact like they used to. In neighborhoods where have I multiple yards, these houses get bombarded with flyers every spring, but I am the one getting the new clients. Why? Because I am already there, they have seen my truck parked on their street the same time and day of the week. They see that I am reliable and provide good service from the work I do at their neighbor's house. They figure why go through the hassle of calling other LCOs and setting up times for estimates, when they can wave me down, get an estmate and have have their yard mowed that day in most cases. I am not saying not to advertise, because when you start out you have to get your name out there by any means possible. But as you pick up more business, you will get alot of business through referals. It takes time to build a tight and profitable route.

Steve
03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I seem to pick up most of my new customers from simply being out on the job and referals from current customers.

That is fantastic! Do you have your truck and trailer lettered? Do you wear any kind of uniform when you are out working?

Do you have any other advice on how best to attract neighbors to talk to you when you are out there working on properties?

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Hey
I took a contract from here as well as from a few other internet sites. I made a slamming contract (my age is showing sorry). You mentioned your getting calls for spring clean ups. Offer a discount if they sign a lawn maintenance contract. That's what I do and that's what I put in all my ads. I never advertised. This is my first year. I redid my site that my ex made and am advertising this year. It does cost a lot but I hope it pays off in the end. I always did word of mouth and it kept me busy I only do it one day a week. I work full time and do this part time. I want to build my company and hire a crew. I will work with them in my leasure and my days off. I am going to retire at 51 and am an active person. I like the idea of making my own hours and still having an income if I don't work. I have been out of work for the past month do to a work injury so I used the time to set up ads and work on my site. Take a look I hope it helps you. www.libertylndscpng.com Keeping a good reputation is KEY!!! Strive to make your customers happy they will return even if it's just clean-ups and they will refer friends. Get lawn signs made up. My guy charges me $16 a sign they are well worth it. Esp if your customer is on a main road. Good luck

xpertlawnman
03-11-2011, 09:19 PM
That is fantastic! Do you have your truck and trailer lettered? Do you wear any kind of uniform when you are out working?

Do you have any other advice on how best to attract neighbors to talk to you when you are out there working on properties?

My truck is lettered. I just try to be very respectful and personal to the neighbors. But I am not pushy and do not try to push my service too much. I may hand out my card here and there. I set myself up to be the first LCO they call if they decide they want to use a lawn service or if they are switching to another company. Whether it is this year or next I will be the one they call. The focus of my business is always to gain multiple yards in the same neighborhood. These yards are the most profitable.

hawthornelawncare
03-29-2011, 04:23 AM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif Hi everyone.
My husband decided to start a lawn maintenance business.
He has 4 accounts so far and in debt for about $11,000 for the first time in his life!!
We started the marketing in our area, Jacksonville, Florida. *
It is everything he expected it to be so there are no surprises yet...
Thanks to Gopher for the templates and the forum ideas are great.

Love Your Lawn is the name

Hi there sorry to hear about the debt. hows the weather there in jacksonville? Im looking to start a get togethar for florida lawn care and landscape people. Something to meet up like once a month or so and talk about things and things going on in our communitys. Not sure if you guys would be interested in something like this