PDA

View Full Version : From a comic store to

Steve
07-22-2007, 09:02 PM
This was originally posted by Clean Lawn in another post and I wanted to make it's own post of it because of the great information.

From Clean Lawn

Quote[/b] ]I also have a restaurant and a comic store with my husband so yes I do know about someone setting up shop in front of my store fronts. I don't normally feel threatened by anyone doing this IF they are not trying to push in front of my store what I am selling inside of it. The only problem I have ever had is a woman coming and setting up a restaurant cart in my parking lot of my restaurant.
I have encouraged new business to leave fliers and cards at my comic store and restaurant. Again, if its not them selling the exact same thing as me right there where I am then there is no competition. If I went and sat in front of the houses of every lawn that one lawn company serviced every day for the entire year trying to convince their customers that I was the better person for the job then it would be different but thats only my two cents worth. I know that it can be beneficial to market with other business because you never know who they will meet that needs the services you provide and vice versa.

Steve
07-22-2007, 09:02 PM
WOW! These are some great stories! Can we see some pictures of your establishments?

I think your business insight and pictures will help many others reading this to seriously consider what they are doing before they start their businesses.

Clean Lawn, what has been your experience with the comics and restaurant business? What have you liked or disliked about it? What would you suggest to others interested in getting into those businesses be wary of?