PDA

View Full Version : Gopherhaul Business Makeover request

Steve
07-20-2007, 02:17 AM
We had a new GopherHaul business makeover request come in from Mark after he watched our GopherHaul show. Let's all pull together to help him out.

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

I saw your utube short and really enjoyed it. Here is a little bit about me.

I worked at Dell for 7 years, behind a desk and hated it. I started a very small but fast growing lawn care business last year while working full time, it was an enormous effort yet... It took off!!

Now I have a few trucks, a few employees and 200 customers, so I left Dell only to discover I dont know what I am doing! I can mow, I can hire and can bring in maintenance customers but I am a mess, my landscaping is at a standstill which is what I love to do. I work too much, over 110 hours a week, and my wife helps me. We do our scheudling on a spiral notebook with 200 customers and use magnets for signs that just fall off our trucks and are pretty useless. I seem to have lots of cusomters but the capital is not there, we also work with several Large corporate accounts (15 to 35k), but still not much income for the company. I dont mean to be over low balling but I am certainly doing it.

Can you help, my F250 diesels work great but are all old (97's) my personal truck is a 96 Mazda pickup that works fine for me, but doesnt look like a boss truck.

I finally invested in some riders, but I dont know when ill get the money out of that investement.

Well, you get the idea!

We are based out of Round Rock TX!!

Any help or advice would be grand, one good thing is we do use Quickbooks and pay an accountant, bookkeeper for all taxes and have 1mil plus 1 mil umbrella insurace...
but stil struggling with other insurance costs!

Also a point of interest, Mark's company had provided landscaping services for the television show Flip That House.

Before
http://abrandnewlawn.net/pb/wp_d8e1f4f0/images/img2306244415b17d364f.JPG

After
http://abrandnewlawn.net/pb/wp_d8e1f4f0/images/img2444744415c0ec0d72.JPG

Steve
07-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Let's start to break down this situation into parts.

Mark when you say "Now I have a few trucks, a few employees and 200 customers, so I left Dell only to discover I dont know what I am doing! I can mow, I can hire and can bring in maintenance customers but I am a mess, my landscaping is at a standstill which is what I love to do."

Can you explain more to us when you say you don't know what you are doing? Can you tell us what specific things you are thinking of when you say that?

Also when you say your landscaping is at a standstill, what do you mean by that?

Clean Lawn
07-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow 200 customers? Are these all residential customers and if not how many are residential and how many are commercial? I also noticed you said you work with several large corporate accounts 5k-35k.
How many employess do you have and what is their breakdown in pay? Also what debt do you have and what is that debt on?

tiedeman
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I would like to learn more about the company as well