PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Companies

greatsaving
07-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Hello, I'm new to this site. I'm trying to get a small landscaping business started. But first I need to seek Insurance companies that will cover my equipment / vehicals. My home Insurance Company will not cover my business / equipment. Your help is appreciated. Thanks,
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif

Steve
07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi Greatsaving,

Welcome to our forum.

Here is a quote that may be helpful to you.

Quote[/b] ]get commercial auto insurance (it is better and wayyyy cheaper, I pay $100 per month per truck for full coverage and the oldest truck I have is a 2000 f350 dump), also get atleast a 2mil liability, workers comp, and insurance on all your equipment like mowers, trailers, etc. Hopefully you will never have to make a claim, but if you do, you will be glad you have it. Trust me, I know from expierence.

I go through Allied insurance, and I think they go through Nation Wide, which i think might be nationwide (hence the name).

I think I pay around 7 grand a year for 2mil liability, my trucks, workers comp, snow plowing insurance, street sweeping insurance, and all my equipment. It is well worth it IMO.

What got you started in the lawn care business? How do you like it so far?

greatsaving
07-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Thank you for your help, Why work for someone else, and not for yourself. We are all career minded people. By the way I love working in this industry.

Thanks,

Steve
07-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Do you have any advice for new lawn care business owners? Any pitfalls they should avoid at all costs?

tiedeman
07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
You will need some liability insurance, I recommend a minimum of $1 million, and you will also need property insurance for your equipment. You need to have the value of the equipment and serial numbers when you go visit your insurance agent for their records. Some states require that you need commercial vehicle insurance and some states don't. I would talk with not only your insurance agent but also a police officer in regards to the matter.