PDA

View Full Version : Need a little info.

Ernest
06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I am just starting but I need a little more info before I start. Since I am just Starting I don't have a business license just yet (can not afford it yet). How do I go about getting clients and keep them to bring in profit so I can afford a license and get the big commercial jobs? I know alot of people do not hire because of no license. I have done lawn maitenance since I was knee high and ready to make it on my own. anybody please help I need all of it that I can.
Thanks, Ernie. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

Steve
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Ernie,

I think the toughest part of getting started is simply getting started. Taking that first step. Can you download some of our flyer templates and then hand them out in your area? Create some business cards and hand them out too?

What's your view on that?

Ernest
06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Helpful, and I have been reading alot on this website, and I know more now just from doing that. Advertising and getting the word out will probably help alot. I already have been handing out business cards and plan on making flyers. and I plan on mentioning the business on my myspace page (hopefully you guys can make a banner for me). wish me luck.

Little's
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
If you are wondering about a contractors lic., I might be able to help with a little info on that. I know that in California (here) you only need a contr. Lic if the job you are doing is more than $500 in parts and labor. if you are just doing maint., you should be fine there. To get a lic., you have to be able to show at least 4 years of experience (verifiable). You must also pass the cont. Lic. test. Hope this helps. Laws may be different in your state.

Ernest
06-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I live in Florida. I don't know about other area's around here but where I am if you live in the county you don't really need a business lic. but if you live in the city you do. but this kind of work I would need one to get all the big jobs. And I appreciate you helping me out, every bit can help thanks!

Steve
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Ernest did can you add us to your friend list? myspace.com/teamgopher

What would you like on your banner?

Ernest
06-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Sure, I already requested you guys as a friend. I am just waiting to be approved. If you guys dont mind I would like the banner simple, just the name....

Ernie's Lawn Cutting

Steve
06-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi Ernie,

I posted your new banner in a previous post. Do you have any pictures you could share with us of your equipment, truck/trailer or the lawns you manage?

Ernest
07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Sure, it's not much but here is a picture of my truck and trailer with the lawn mower on it. Here in the near future I am going to get magnet signs for the doors of the truck (I hope). when I get more pics I will post theme, but for now this is all I have.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o287/toxicweirdo/06-26-07_0959.jpg

Steve
07-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi Ernest,

Thanks so much for the picture!

I look forwards to seeing more from you!

myrlin
07-05-2007, 06:58 AM
what part of fl.I am in port charlotte.

Barry

Ernest
07-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I live in Bradenton.