PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Lawn Service

chrisv
06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey guys. This is a great site. I have just started my company - All-Star Lawn Service. I don't have any yards yet. I am looking at commercial mowers right now.

Hopefully, I can get everything I need, maybe get a couple of yards this year, and be ready to go full force next spring.

My slogan is "A Cut Above The Rest"

I am planning on doing this all the right way. DOT #, nice logo, company shirts and hats, etc..

When people see me, I want them to think "Wow, there's a professional!" We have so many rednecks out there mowing with broke down trailers and junky equipment , I want to set myself apart from them.

Steve
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi chrisv,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in starting your lawn care business? Have you ever run a business before?

bogilvie
06-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Wow Chrisy, sounds like me!
I was going to start out this upcoming spring, but decided to give it a go this summer, although I thought it would be a tough time.

I have 3 regular clients already and am moving towards having a first class operation. I am planning on rolling over my profits once I get going and getting a box truck with a ramp, uniforms, ETC the whole nine yards!

You have to make the money you do have stretch by being creative!

I have all of my equipment I bought used at pawn shops! I fixed them up with carb cleaner and new plugs etc. My truck and trailer I bought through people I knew who had to move , I got a good price on them. They are used and I have fixed them up!

I have had a logo designed, I have had flyers and a business card designed all at my local graphic and print shop for less than a few hundred for everything. 1000 flyers, 1000 bus cards, logo design ETC

So, good luck and feel free to ask, ask , ask! This place is a Gold mine of Good info and support!

tiedeman
06-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum by the way. Gopher and its members will defintely help you out.

Steve
06-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi chrisv,

Do you have any pictures you could share with us?