PDA

View Full Version : Which would you go with?

kc2006
02-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Well my flyer is designed, just have to take it to get printed tomorrow and thats out of the way until first week of march when I take them to the newspaper.

So now I'm thinking of what I want to do. I plan on putting out some form of advertising on my own, just now and then when I have extra time (not mass amounts either). For now I'm looking at 2000 only, when I use them up I'll get more.

Here's what I've come up with. Either door hangers, or magnetic business cards with a black & white 1/3 page flyer attached to it. Looking to keep it around 10 cents a piece also.

Now, the advantage of the business card is, how easy it would be to just stick it to a door or anywhere theres metal on around the door. I also like the fact that people can easily keep the magnet on their fridge. The purpose of the little flyer attached would be so people can easily see it since a business card is small.

The doorhanger is also pretty easy to hang up, but doesn't offer the business card and is alittle more money. Looking at $300 from 48hourprint for 2500, 230 plus shipping from doorhangersetc.com.

The magnet idea is relatively inexpensive. 2000 magnets are $110 on ebay, I print my own business cards already, and the flyers are .05 (b&W) and yeild 3 flyers per copy....maybe $50 because I'd have them cut them, so 160 plus the printing of the business cards. Very inexpensive I'd say.

Just wondering what everyone thinks. Full color doorhanger vs magnetic business card with b&w flyer attached.

Steve
02-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi kc2006,

I really like your magnetic business card idea. You could also have a flyer held to the door via one of your magnets as well.

kc2006
02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Thats what I planned on doing TG. Either taping one of the flyers to the magnet (little piece of scotch tape on the back) or 3M makes those little sticks that have the glue like on post it notes, its sticky but not messy sticky, quick dab on the flyer and stick the business card to the top of the flyer then it will all stick to the door via the magnet.

NickN
02-16-2006, 09:31 AM
What I do for flyers(actually bi-fold brochures) is use a hole punch and punch the corner.Then I loop a rubber band through the hole.his way I can stretch the rubber band over their doorhandle or doorknob.No mess and works on any door,wood or metal.

kc2006
02-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Nick, thats a good idea. I may use that idea with the magnet idea also. I really want to incorperate a magnet into the flyer, I feel odds are someone will keep a magnet rather then a piece of paper. Paper is so easy to toss.

NickN
02-16-2006, 01:19 PM
I left a place blank ,inside the brochure for business cards.It's a light green area,in a rectangular shape,the same size of the cards.I've used different methods for attaching the cards here.Hot glue will work and make the card stand up,off the brochure giving it a neat 3 dimensional look.
I also cut slits in the corners of the "card area" on the brochure and slide the corners of the card into this.That would be a good way to incorporate your magnetic cards.
Then the potential customer could slide your mag card out and throw away the flier.

Steve
02-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Great ideas NickN. Thanks!