PDA

View Full Version : Have mower - will travel

crawfordcountychopper
03-03-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm new here too - and to the lawn care business.
I work full time as a highway maintainer for the Il. dept. of trans. - yeah, that's right, I lean on shovels alot!
I make good money there and like it, but always need more to make ends meet. *
I'm starting off small - just a 50" TroyBilt mower (new), an old weedeater and pushmower, but I hope to mow about 10 yards this year and then double that amount every year for the next 4 years.
My wife works in a factory and hates her job - hopefully this will all work out so next year she can quit and run a mower all summer. *I've got 3 kids from my first wife, and 2 step kids, so getting and keeping help shouldn't be a problem!
I've got a lot of ideas to work on the in the next 19 or 20 years before I retire from the state. *Hopefully all of my goals will be met by the time I get to retirement age (55).

Steve
03-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi crawfordcountychopper,

Welcome to our forum! I really like your name. Is that your company name too?

Have you signed up many yards yet?

What difficulties have you found yourself running into with your new business?

What have you enjoyed most about it so far?

crawfordcountychopper
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I just picked up my new mower on Wednesday of this week. I have business cards ordered and flyers made up but haven't started knocking on doors yet. Just by word of mouth, I already have 2 commercial accounts and a church that may be interested.

I picked the name Crawford County Choppers because I think it will attract some attention, enough to get people to ask me, and that will open doors for me too!!

Steve
03-03-2007, 11:36 PM
It is a great name. I bet your logo looks really nice too!

Why did you choose that mower?

crawfordcountychopper
03-04-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm starting out with a Troy-Bilt zero turn, 50" deck, 22 HP. *I'm starting out as cheap as I can, but I also want something reliable. *Hopefully this mower will be a good one.

tiedeman
03-04-2007, 08:58 PM
sounds like you have some good and realistic goals set

plumgreekmob
04-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Mar. 04 2007,8:58)]sounds like you have some good and realistic goals set
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Yeah i agree with him/\!

I got 30 customers in my first week just by handing out cards flyers,and word of mouth.

Steve
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Nice work plumgreekmob.

Keep us posted on how everything goes and if you have any suggestions for other lcos to help them grow as well.