PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of corporate world

vicman
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
I have owned my own business for 10 years in the medical field and plan on selling it this year, if all goes to plan I will be in the Lawn service industry real soon.
I have done tree surgeon work before and plan on making it a part of my new business.
I'm in a good area for lawn care, its growing season 8 months a year here.

Steve
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi vicman,

Welcome to our forum! What about the medical field did you dislike? What do you like about the green industry field?

vicman
04-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I was born on a farm and love the outdoors, I had a chance to open a business that had a potential to make good money and it did but at a price, in a office for 9 to 10 hours a day, dealing with goverment rules and regulations, hospital management, and constant headaches.

as I said I have been around the tree cutting business and love the outdoors, and now I dont plan on being the biggest but just staying busy while organicaly growing the company.

tiedeman
04-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Have you thought about just specializing in tree work?

Steve
04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
We don't have too many member that do tree work. Please feel free to post your tips and tricks about tree work if you are interested. I am sure a lot of us could learn a lot from you.