PDA

View Full Version : Retiring and looking at starting my business

Arlo
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Hello folks

Retiring from 30 years military and looking forward to start my new business here in St. Louis.

Arlo

Steve
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi Arlo,

Welcome to our forum! I saw the post that you were an F-15 Mechanic. Have you named your business yet? Did you tie in your military work at all in the business name?

Do you have any pictures from your time in the military you could share with us? How was the experience?

Arlo
04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words, I was hashing around the idea to call my business either "Eagle Landscaping" or "Eagle Keeper Landscaping" I have loads of pics I will try and find one and share.

Arlo

Steve
04-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd love to see some of the pictures!

I like those names too. You could tie it all together. Promoting your business and showing you have all these years of military service. It would make you stand out.

Just to brainstorm a bit, maybe you could have your door hanger say something like 'for 30 years I helped defend our country and now I want to help defend your lawn against weeds and disease.' Or something like that.

Arlo
04-12-2007, 06:56 AM
I like that idea

Steve
04-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Arlo what do you feel will be your biggest challenges this spring with your business?

Arlo
04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Well challanges for me this year will be getting my name out to the masses since I am the http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif on the block. There are lots and lots of sub divisions in my area so I really think that if I can get into some of the neighborhoods I have a good chance of my name getting to folks. Like other areas in the country there seem to be alot of competition so I need to make sure I market my area and do my homework so I can be successful. *I have attached a picture of the first mailer/door hanger can you all give me some feedback.

Thanks http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/ArloGut/EagleLandscaping4.jpg

Steve
04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh! Yes I like that! I especially liked the part that says "Reliable and Trustworthy Air Force Veteran."
Very creative.

Arlo
04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I must be stupid I can't figure ot how to make this door hanger into a mailer anyone have any ideas?

Steve
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Do you want to make it into a postcard or flyer size? How do you plan on printing them out by the way? Will you be doing it on your computer or using a printer?

Arlo
04-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ April 14 2007,10:18)]Do you want to make it into a postcard or flyer size? How do you plan on printing them out by the way? Will you be doing it on your computer or using a printer?
I want to resize it to a flyer style and I will print it on my printer.

Thanks

Steve
04-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Hmmm.

I am thinking just stretching it won't look right. Have you considered maybe putting 2 of the doorhanger backgrounds together next to each other so it would make it doublely wide?

Then that might give you a great looking background you can then put your logo over at the top and text in the center?

If you experiment with that could you show us what you create?

Arlo
04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
All right here is change #50

Steve
04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Looks good! The eagle with the flag is very creative too!

jandrbusiness
03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I am sure you will do really good this year.St Louis does have a lot of subdivisions and just like the hair and nail industry you can never have to many landscapers a lot of people are working 2 or 3 jobs and have little if any time to work on the yard,or they are so tired from working all week they do not feel like mowing on there days off.

I live near Fort Leonard Wood Missouri I know a lot what the military has done for us God bless them all! well take care and good luck on your business!!

JT

mark123
03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Zombie thread!!! EEK!!!

jandrbusiness
03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Hows things with your business??