PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Camigda Lawn Service

Steve
03-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey guys/gals, I'm Christina and I've been cutting yards a few years small-time. Wanted to see if this is something I can really get into or not. Well, I love it and this year am getting real about it. Taking it to the next level. I'm in Denver and there's a whole lot of competition, and at the moment a whole lot of snow!!! Jonesing to get out and aerate!
I welcome useful info (shortcuts, pricing, blade-sharpening 101, anything useful). So that's my intro,
Christina member (camigda lawn service)

Steve
03-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi Christina,

Welcome to our forum! What are you most looking forwards to this year? What do you see as your biggest obstacles?

camigda lawn service
03-03-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm looking forward to really going for it this year! *Sure I don't have the best equipment, the fanciest truck, etc like some of my competitors, however, I am going to do the "face time" (read: knocking on doors) in putting out my door hangings and flyers. *I will get the clientele!
My biggest obstacle I see are the people who low-ball the legits, there are many. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Steve
03-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Do you plan on specializing in any specific lawn care services in the future to help you stand out from others? How do you feel you will best be able to differentiate your company from other lawn care operators?

camigda lawn service
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I've noticed that there are not many female-owned/operated lawn services in the Denver area, that makes me stand out. I'm also a one-person crew so that's distinquishing. I'm also hoping that by putting out my nice door-hangings that folks will call me.
I plan on residential-only at this point, offering the basics plus sod installs, hedge trimming and things of that nature.
cmig

tiedeman
03-03-2007, 05:55 PM
*Is this going to be a long term or short term business?

What are you going to do for marketing procedures?

camigda lawn service
03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
long term. i figure i can learn alot more in the short-term future, then hire as needed. Not sure if i should go the sub-contractor route or employee route tho, any advice out there on this?

camigda lawn service
03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
oh yah, marketing. for now a door-hanger blitz come next week (still snow on the ground), follow up with flyers in the areas i get work in (aeration) as i'm doing the work. i feel pretty good about what i have because most of the flyers i see are simple white paper and black print.
then as i pick up more work i plan on sub-contracting someone out to put out more.
i'd love to do all that advertising (newspapers, really high-quality dh's) but i'm trying to hit just specific areas (less travel) and my budget does not allow that...yet.

Steve
03-04-2007, 01:14 AM
That is very smart. Work with what you have and then grow from there.

Quote[/b] ]I've noticed that there are not many female-owned/operated lawn services in the Denver area, that makes me stand out. I'm also a one-person crew so that's distinquishing.
You know, I bet you could get a news paper article written about you because of this. That could help you get more attention. Have you considered putting something together for a press release on this topic?

What got you interested in starting such a business?

All Aspects Landscaping
03-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Have any picts of your trucks??? Or maybe of you??