PDA

View Full Version : fertilization

kegpm1
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi, i'm knew to this forum stuff. My name is gary been in the business for 7 years 4 of which was with a partner which i knew from junior highschool that took me for at least $200k over those 4 years so i sugjest never go into partnership with any one. i have 3 kids ranging from 13-18. I love what i do and like giving my customers what they pay for. So i'm looking to offer my landscaping customers a fertilization program and looking for some ideas for a fertilization contract and flyer design you can e-mail me at
kegpropertymaintenance@yahoo.com

thank's,
gary K.E.G.

Steve
03-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your partner. Looking back now at that experience, what suggestions would you have to other lawn care operators who have partners? What signs should they look out for?

What kind of stuff do you do for fun to balance out running a business?

VogelLawnService
03-10-2007, 01:00 PM
you gota watch getting into fertilization with out havin a license if you get cought its a heavy fine.

kegpm1
03-11-2007, 01:09 AM
To team gopher, i should not say never go into parnership, but there are some things looking back that I should have done different.Before I list these things let me tell you my story it goes as follows, like I said in my last entry I knew this person since jr highschool I lost my job and this person had a cleaning company and had a contract with a big cmpany and they asked him if he anybody to do the outside maintenance so he asked me if i wanted to open a landscaping company together with the stipulation that he did the books and got 15% off the top and split the profits down the middle this should have put up a red flag but this contract was for * * good money so not having a job i bought in that was the biggest mistake of my life. It was good for the first year then it started the excuses where the money was why we wern't getting paid my wife asking where the money is me saying he's not ripping me off well thats exactly what he was doing.I'm getting angry right now so here's a short list
1 once a month go over the books 2. don't think because you've known them that they won't ripp you off 3 make 2 copies of the books so there's no way you can get ripped off, 4 listen to your gut or your spouse when they tell you thing don't seem right 5.be an active perticipant in every aspect of the business

vogal lawn service,
I'm going to get my licence in a couple of weeks, did you do fertilization and if so do you have any contracts or flyer desings greatly appreciative if you do.

Thanks,
gary k.e.g.

kegpm1
03-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Quote[/b] (VogelLawnService @ Mar. 10 2007,2:00)]you gota watch getting into fertilization with out havin a license if you get cought its a heavy fine.
like i said im knew at this but if you go to where my first entry is i posted to that
thanks gary

Steve
03-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Gary,

Did you see anything in the contract area here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=877) that would help you?

Are you into any interesting hobbies?

tiedeman
03-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Quote[/b] (kegpm1 @ Mar. 11 2007,2:34)]Quote[/b] (VogelLawnService @ Mar. 10 2007,2:00)]you gota watch getting into fertilization with out havin a license if you get cought its a heavy fine.
like i said im knew at this but if you go to where my first entry is i posted to that
thanks gary
What was your first entry? *Does it related to having a license?