PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

KimKriel
01-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi my name is Kim and my husband has decided to go full time this spring his company is Signature Lawn Services. He offers a wide range of services from mowing, trimming, spring & fall clean up, landscaping, ect. He does commercial and residential accounts, and works with rental companies.

I have become emersed in the business details, from quipment to customer searches, and everything in between. I have sent out so much mail, I now have zipcodes instilled in my brian of every town within a 40 miles radius of our home.

I do however have an ideal I would like any suggestions on. I have sent real estate letters out and will be going in person to offices. I have heard you should bring a (food) gift in. So my first ideal was to take in cup cakes with the grass(frosting)and (gummy) worm hanging out, then thought maybe I should just take in spring flower bulbs with a nifty card. Help me choose or give me an even better idea to debate over.

AMW Graphics
01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Cup cakes sound more "thought full" to me..

Good luck to you both.

Steve
01-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi KimKriel,

I think that is a great idea. It will make you stand out. One of my friends who ran a rental car business would promote himself to local garages by giving out pizza and sodas to local garages. Very similar to what you are planning.

I like the gummy worms idea the best. Can you take pictures of what you create and post them?

What are some of the big issues you are dealing with now?

AMW Graphics
01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Quote[/b] (AMW Graphics @ Jan. 02 2007,4:56)]Cup cakes sound more "thought full" to me..

Good luck to you both.
also..

DONT USE ANY NUTS!

I know someone who did the same thing but used cookies..and they had nuts and didnt tell anyone.
One of the places that he gave them to had 2 people who had nut allerges (sp?) and one of the 2 had the type where they cant be even near them. So just stay away from them so you dont take a chance in hurting some one with kindness.

Just my $0.02

Good luck

KimKriel
01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks to both of you. I definatly dont want our name associated with a trip to emergency room. Will send pixs when finished.

While I have no problem talking( you can ask my husband). The fear of the first inital conversation with a business contact sends a fear that stops me in my tracks. I need something( no picturing them in undies will not help). I am thinking of making myself a script that I can visualize. Any other ideals. I have the whole phone conversation down with no problem.

Dogwood
01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Hello Kim...
New here also but thought I would welcome you! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I like the idea about the cupcakes...made me hungry though.

This reminds me of something we used to do when we really wanted to get that essential first home in a new residential plan.

When the first few home owners moved in, we had baskets prepared that contained a bottle of wine or champagne and some fruit, with our business brochure attached to the bottle.
My salesman and I delivered them on the week-ends personally. It seemed a little expensive at the time, but the first $20,000 plus contract and the additional homes we picked up as a result, sure made it worth the small investment.
Best wishes to you and your husband !