PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from Pamper My Grass

Steve
12-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Introduction from Pamper My Grass

Quote[/b] ]Hi everyone my name is Robert and I am farely new at the lawn care business but really enjoy it. Im in Orlando Florida and have lawns in Windermere,Ocoee and of course Orlando.

I stated with flyers and it help I have about 15 lawns now but am really trying to grow any ideas would help.

I was told that i needed a website so i registered a domain pampermygrass.com but yet to set it up and thats were i can really use some help. i was told i have 5gb to set up a website i just bought the software dreamweaver 8 and was told to use this for creating a website.

Its not as easy as they make it seem can anyone help. If there is anyone can help me set up a kick as website please.

thank you all

Welcome Robert!

Are you using one of our web templates?

pamper my grass
12-22-2006, 06:36 PM
no i dont know how to set them up or even download them for that matter

JimAdams
12-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Hi Robert

It's fun and highly educational to build a website. I built mine using Yahoo's Sitebuilder, which ** with a few differences ** is similar to a word processor such as WordPerfect. I learned to use it simply by sitting there plugging away. It took a while.

That said, I wonder what it is that you are trying to do. In my 23 years in business I probably acquired (and variously kept, lost, sold, or quit) well over 500 mowing accounts. Not a single one of them ever contacted me over the Internet for the very good reason that it was impossible. Today my son runs a lucrative business of about 60 large accounts. Except for billing a few of them, it's the same story. The 'Net is no part of it.

I'd say this: if you are trying to build a website, more power to you. If you are trying to build a BUSINESS, then the website is only a part of it ** and perhaps a small part. Advertising, salesmanship, and ** most important ** customer satisfaction that leads to referrals are the traditional ways to build a business. I don't think these things will go out of date anytime soon.

Jim

pamper my grass
12-23-2006, 02:13 PM
im not looking to pay or bill or even collect or send out email to posible clients but to get my name out.
im a very small company so far only about 15 clients but want to get my name out and now a days the internet seems to be the lazy mans way to information. i want to build a web site so as when andone looking for lawn care in my area need only plug that in to let say google or yahoo and find there way to my site.

sounds like you and your son are doing really good i could not even think of the idea of 500 clients wow

so what do you think should i give it a crack or should i stick to the traditional ways of flyers and door to door advertizing.

i tryed flyers but i have put out hundreds and am still only at 15 clients but they were all due to the flyers which is better then were i was at.

i am not in the phone book either which is another thought, but advertizing is so expensive. please advise

myrlin
12-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Robert
I have a lawn business in port charlotte fl. I know nothing about wed site so I can help.

Barry

Barry's Lawns n More

Steve
12-26-2006, 10:03 PM
First off, have you registered a domain name yet?