PDA

View Full Version : Introduction..

Mow Right
12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Well I figured I would introduce my self a little, I'm from Lima, OH. We service over 50 mower accounts weekly and are planning to expand. I've been mowing yards for around 6-7 years, although now I am moving into more full service lawncare. If you have any qusetions just ask...

- Josh

Steve
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Josh,

Welcome!

Great picture of your equipment. As I was looking at it, I thought to myself what a great canvas it is to promote your business and then I was wondering why you didn't have any signs on it.

Then I checked out your post in need of a logo. Do you have any plans in the future for putting your new logo on your truck? Or do you not want to due to zoning laws in your area?

Mow Right
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 09 2006,6:05)]Hi Josh,

Welcome!

Great picture of your equipment. As I was looking at it, I thought to myself what a great canvas it is to promote your business and then I was wondering why you didn't have any signs on it.

Then I checked out your post in need of a logo. Do you have any plans in the future for putting your new logo on your truck? Or do you not want to due to zoning laws in your area?
Thanks for the compliment on my equipment! This business is my life.

I have some sort of PS7 artwork on my business card, but no actual logo so I have left the truck blank and I think it still appears professional that way.

Next year I am planning on more "branding" my service by getting a nice logo and doing a little direct mail, although 2008 will be my main "planned" advertising campaign. I need the customer to know that I am more than just cutting grass, but it is very easy it is to offer them different services AFTER they are a mowing customer and see our quality of service. This is the reason I will probably stick with the name Mow Right. (althought I am not 100% sure, because I haven't advertised more than handing out business cards, if I'm going to change names its now or never)

Sorry about rambling in this post, thanks again for the compliment. I plan to buy gopher pro in the beginning of next march unless I get several issues solved with my access db.

- Josh

Steve
12-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Josh,

Quote[/b] ] I need the customer to know that I am more than just cutting grass, but it is very easy it is to offer them different services AFTER they are a mowing customer and see our quality of service.
What other services do you look forwards to offering?

Mow Right
12-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 10 2006,9:34)]Hi Josh,

Quote[/b] ] I need the customer to know that I am more than just cutting grass, but it is very easy it is to offer them different services AFTER they are a mowing customer and see our quality of service.
What other services do you look forwards to offering?
I already offer stick edging, aerating, seeding & overseeding, bush trimming, pruning, fertaziling & lawn pest control (subcontracted). I also lay mulch beds and do small landscaping jobs.

Steve
12-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh! Very nice.

As you look forwards to 2007 and your bigger promotion plans for 2008 where do you see yourself taking your business? How would you like your business to differ then than now?

Mow Right
12-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 10 2006,10:22)]Oh! Very nice.

As you look forwards to 2007 and your bigger promotion plans for 2008 where do you see yourself taking your business? How would you like your business to differ then than now?
I plan to sell out in the fall of either 2010 or 2011.
I plan to have a steady of minimum of $125k in gross by then, with a steady $80k+ in net.
I probably will just be running one crew still.

This is the first year I have actually taken the business seriously, the first 5-6 years it was just a part time thing with 10-20 accounts..

Thanks for your interest.

- Josh

Steve
12-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Quote[/b] ]I plan to sell out in the fall of either 2010 or 2011.
Do you have thoughts on what you would like to do after that?

Mow Right
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 10 2006,7:14)]Quote[/b] ]I plan to sell out in the fall of either 2010 or 2011.
Do you have thoughts on what you would like to do after that?
I am just hoping that doors will open for me so I can get into a different business. I will buy out an existing business if the opportunity presents itself, or do ALOT of research and make something from scratch.

I don't know what business I want to get into, but once I have my bachelors in business administration then I should have a good understanding of business to do whatever I want (at least I hope so).

Steve
12-11-2006, 08:13 AM
That sounds excellent! I am glad to hear you are working on your degree.

Mow Right
12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 11 2006,9:13)]That sounds excellent! I am glad to hear you are working on your degree.
I haven't started yet, I have just applied for a college but I might go part time for the this years second semester, and then full time next year.

John/Logo-Mechanix
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the forum Josh, having that degree should open some doors for you I would think. There are some colleges here in Jersey that have begun offering business degrees in just 2 years, and I think you go nights and weekends, that may be something you could look into. I got my degree in '91 in graphic design/communication and I defintiely don't regret it.

Steve
12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Quote[/b] ]There are some colleges here in Jersey that have begun offering business degrees in just 2 years

What type of degree is this? Like an associates in business management?