PDA

View Full Version : My story

07-12-2006, 06:52 PM
My name is Matt

I stumbled upon this site and thought this was a great starting place to figure out if it was worth helping out my friend. My friend is starting a landscaping site ( landscapersbay.com ) and I thought the site was nice and professional and thought it could get some business with the right marketing. Right now I am out of a job and thought it might be worth while to help market the site. Does anyone think the site is worth helping out my friend or do you think it is a waste of my effort?

Steve
07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi Mexsillus,

Hasn't this site been up for a while?

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone think the site is worth helping out my friend or do you think it is a waste of my effort?

Can you explain to us the purpose of the site and how it is different from competitors? What is it's unique marketing position?

07-15-2006, 01:10 AM
I am not sure how long my friend has had this site, but for a few months I have been helping him make it more effecient.

Anywho, what seperates it from competitors is the presence. You go on other websites that help you locate a landscaper or dealership (etc.) you might get contact info and some other relevant information. Landscapersbay.com really lets the landscaper tailor their information, almost like making a website where the landscaper only has to enter information in a feild. They can upload photos, and customers can even comment on their past jobs. The site almost lets you meet and compare the landscaper you are going to hire, where other sites are a simple directory of contact info.

Do you think the site will be marketable?

If not, what does not work about it?

Steve
07-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi Mexsillus,

Quote[/b] ]Do you think the site will be marketable?
I guess we will all see as you test it out on the market.

Good luck to you http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif