PDA

View Full Version : New member electricox

Steve
07-12-2006, 12:15 PM
If you have any question about Trevor's great products, ask him.

His screen name on the forum is electricox

http://www.electrictractor.com/html/images/photos/indexmultipicsmall.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Thank you to all for your interest in Electric Tractors. My name is Trevor Parker and I am a management consultant for the Electric Tractor Corporation. We are located about an hour and a half outside Toronto, Ontario, CANADA.
We are the only production facility in the world for Battery powered lawn tractors.
The Electric OX above is able to cut up to four acres of grass on about $1.50 CDN worth of electricity. It will plow snow for up to five hours and pull up to 7500 pounds. The OX is comparable to a 23 hp gas tractor but with considerable more torque.
We presently produce up to 5 tractors a week and are working at doubling our production capacity to 10 a week.
Every day that gas prices go up, we get more emails and telephone calls. We are frantically trying to keep up with the interest from around the world. We ship to the US, latin america, england, france, mexico. You name it.
As well as being a consultant for The Electric Tractor Corporation, I am also the owner of Canada's First Zero Emission Lawn Care company. My company is called icLECTRIC.
www.iclectric.com. Please excuse my primitive website. It will be overhauled shortly.
All the equipment I use in my business are powered by electricity. Cordless and corded.
I have been in business for almost five years and love what I do. My business certainly draws attention. I have been featured in a national newspaper and a Toronto daily.
My business is centred around the Electric OX. I love this machine. The primary reason I came to work at Electric Tractor for a period of time.
As well as the OX, my other cordless mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers are all products that are readily available in most major retail outlets across north america.
For anyone considering this type of business model, I would strongly suggest it. With one disclaimer. It takes a certain level of patience in your equipment to make this technology work. If you run out of battery charge, you need to have a backup battery or machine to finish jobs.
When cutting long or wet grass (residential), I would suggest using a corded mower. I use a black and decker. For the rest of the time, use cordless.
Can you make money at this type of venture? Absolutely! One of the things you will notice is you will get a fair bit of free publicity. Just by advertising your company as a zero emission lawn care company, you will find journalists contacting you to do stories on your venture. Free publicity is the best kind of publicity possible.
You will have customers wanting your services just because you are environmentally friendly.
As for commercial grade cordless equipment. I have spent years contacting many of the major equipment manufacturers about producing cordless lines. The usual response is they haven't looked at. The reality is this type of technology is very controversial. The politics of oil. There are a great many people out there that don't want our technologies in the marketplace. Maintenance on the OX is minimal which means it is a threat to mechanics jobs (especially unionized parks staff). This is a major myth as there are maintenance things to do on the OX. Not much, but there are things that a mechanic could do. It is all about mindsets. Some people are scared of change and scared of new technologies.
That is all for now. I have to go build tractors. I will post again soon.
Sincerely,
Trevor Parker
president - icLECTRIC
www.iclectric.com (please excuse the primitive website. I am doing an overhaul on it shortly)
iclectric@rogers.com
and management consultant for the Electric Tractor Corporation
www.electrictractor.com
electrictractorcda@yahoo.com