PDA

View Full Version : New commercial accounts

justin_time
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I sent a quote to the local school board here and I got the job for 2 schools.. one is across the street from here. I can drive my mower across the street.. hehe

The other school is about 20 minutes from here

I am hoping I got the other one 30 minutes from here also

I am getting insurance for about 800$ a month so yeah

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
05-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Hi Justin,

That is great news. Can you tell us a little about how you found the bid and how you broke down the bid?

What advice would you have for others trying to bid at a school in their location?

justin_time
05-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 07 2008,8:35)]Hi Justin,

That is great news. Can you tell us a little about how you found the bid and how you broke down the bid?

What advice would you have for others trying to bid at a school in their location?
Basically networking

My dad knew the guy at the school council that takes care of maintenance and we called him up.. they called me.. I put my bid on the schools and I got them

I will also be competing against my ex-employer that still owes me money so i'll see how that goes

Steve
05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Isn't it great to know someone that can help?

How did you come up with the services they needed? Did they tell you what they wanted you to bid on?

justin_time
05-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 07 2008,7:58)]Isn't it great to know someone that can help?

How did you come up with the services they needed? Did they tell you what they wanted you to bid on?
Well one of the school.. i live right next to it so I basically know what to do...

I've also done most of these schools with the ex employer that was doing them before... haha long story

Steve
05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Good job!

Did they give you any idea how much the previous company was charging?

musician/lawnman
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
That's awesome Justin,
Glad to here it bro! good job.

Edmir
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi guys:

Hope you all are doing well. I read the above topic and found it interesting. Haven't been in a forum lately since the mowing season started. Been extremely busy. Another sugesstion in regards to finding comercial bids or accounts would be: "Register with your State as a Vendor?" Our local newspaper has a free online advertisment for small business owners, and it pops up on google for free. I got three nice commerical accounts from that free website?

Anyway wish all of you well. Mowing season is almost over, can't wait to get a break.

Steve
09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Would these be government jobs?

How do you like performing government jobs? How do they differ from other jobs?

Edmir
09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Would these be government jobs?

How do you like performing government jobs? How do they differ from other jobs?

Yes if you register with your state as a vendor, you would be allowed to bid on government jobs. Like places where you get your driver license, etc.

I have two accounts with government jobs. They are hard to get. I like performing government jobs, because it's guaranteed money. You have your contract, and you go per your contract if they find it reasonable. They differ from other jobs, because they are easy, not to picky, and as long as you do what you agreed on the contract, that's all there is to it.

Hope that answered your questions

My goal is to be bigger then TureGreen Lawn care. I dealt with those guys before the beginning of this season, and they aren't as proffesional as I thought they would be? Another thing I found about this company is that, they tell other small business owners to sub-contract them, ask them to submit bids on the properties that they mow, and then they use that bid against you. What do I mean by this is that: "When they go to their clients they say this is what this company bid on this property, and many other company's. That's how they get most of their bids. Or jobs.

Good luck to all of you guys.

Steve
09-05-2010, 12:28 PM
My goal is to be bigger then TureGreen Lawn care.

That is a big goal but it seems obtainable. What are some of your plans when you think of getting that big? What kinds of steps do you feel you must take to get to that size or bigger?