PDA

View Full Version : Price per sq ft?

Pflat1
04-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Whats a price range per 1000 sq ft for spreading dry fertilizer with a broadcast spreader?

Thx

hotwired
04-10-2008, 06:52 AM
I use the following:

$35 minimum
$60 per 10k
$90 per 15k
so actually it would be $6 per thousand with a $35 minimum. this would be for typcial weed n' feed and traditional fertilizers while organic ferts would be approximately double this rate depending on what products are used.

UniversityLandscapers
04-10-2008, 07:46 AM
That's pretty cheap...I usually do smaller lawns, so I would be a different example, but I tend to charge around the same, maybe a little more, than mowing. I figure the savings in time vs. the cost of material end up balancing out. That being said, I charge around $30-35 for an average (in our area, 1500-2000 sq ft) lawn.

Steve
04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Dave,

Is that is Canadian dollars? I don't know what the conversion is now, but does that make much of a difference when we talk about such figures?

UniversityLandscapers
04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
It's virtually the same nowadays, kinda hovers back and forth around par. Although things in Canada, in general, tend to be more expensive than the U.S. because most prices haven't adjusted to parity yet. Also, we pay a lot more tax, as far as I know, so we have to charge more to keep the same amount of money for ourselves.

I also have to add 5% federal sales tax to everything I bill.

Pflat1
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
this guy has 38,000 sq feet roughly but yes its right , 38,000 . He's got a big freakin house on a cul de sac and bought an extra lot next to it in a real nice plan (house' start at $500,000 +) . Not subtracting for the house and pool ect, the lot is 1.02 acre and the extra lot is 10,000 sq ft , got that off of a county web site. Attached a pic with ouline from Google

He's payin me $165 a week http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif to mow, edge an blow http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif .

He said he wants a 4 stage plan and wants the good stuff . Found a 4 stage by Agway (which is 10 mins from my house) , 1 spring , 2 summer and 1 fall. I have to check again but Im pretty sure the Agway worker said a bag covers 15,000 sq and is $145.00 a bag , that sound right to u or high?

Pflat1
04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
The more I think about it I think its $145 for the total 4 stage process ,
4 bags at around $36 a bag

pic

UniversityLandscapers
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow...that's awesome!

I live in the middle of a city, so my prices probably won't apply to that job at all.

Fernando's CleanCut!
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
OMG!!! That is HUGE! how long does it take you to do the service on this house?, listing your equipment.
...also I would like to ask you if you apply the Fert after mowing the same day? (in this case, how long would it take?)

Thanks, and Good luck.

realhuntin
04-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Quote[/b] (Pflat1 @ April 10 2008,3:48)]this guy has 38,000 sq feet roughly but yes its right , 38,000 . * *He's got a big freakin house on a cul de sac and bought an extra lot next to it in a real nice plan (house' start at *$500,000 +) . *Not subtracting for the house and pool ect, the lot is 1.02 acre and the extra lot is 10,000 sq ft , got that off of a county web site. * Attached a pic with ouline from Google

He's payin me $165 a week http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif to mow, edge an blow *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif .

He said he wants a 4 stage plan and wants the good stuff . *Found a 4 stage by Agway (which is 10 mins from my house) *, 1 spring , 2 summer and 1 fall. *I have to check again but Im pretty sure the Agway worker said a bag covers 15,000 sq and is $145.00 a bag , that sound right to u or *high?
Hi,
By the pix shown you prob have about a acre so I'm not using any commercial chemicals we are strictly ORGANIC I would charge about $225 - $250 per application, make sure you check with your local and states regulations on applicators, here if you charge for ANY type of application you MUST be certified as a Applicator. If you get caught here applying anything on a lawn and charging the customer for it you can be fined up to $10,000.00 they don't play here. Be safe save your business and all you have worked for and check with the state if you don't know the answers to applicators certifications.

Good Luck
Tim

Pflat1
04-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Quote[/b] (Fernando's CleanCut! @ April 10 2008,11:29)]OMG!!! That is HUGE! how long does it take you to do the service on this house?, listing your equipment.
...also I would like to ask you if you apply the Fert after mowing the same day? (in this case, how long would it take?)

Thanks, and Good luck.
This guys a new customer so I dont know how long

Pflat1
04-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ April 11 2008,1:36)]Quote[/b] (Pflat1 @ April 10 2008,3:48)]this guy has 38,000 sq feet roughly but yes its right , 38,000 . * *He's got a big freakin house on a cul de sac and bought an extra lot next to it in a real nice plan (house' start at *$500,000 +) . *Not subtracting for the house and pool ect, the lot is 1.02 acre and the extra lot is 10,000 sq ft , got that off of a county web site. * Attached a pic with ouline from Google

He's payin me $165 a week http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif to mow, edge an blow *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif .

He said he wants a 4 stage plan and wants the good stuff . *Found a 4 stage by Agway (which is 10 mins from my house) *, 1 spring , 2 summer and 1 fall. *I have to check again but Im pretty sure the Agway worker said a bag covers 15,000 sq and is $145.00 a bag , that sound right to u or *high?
Hi,
By the pix shown you prob have about a acre so I'm not using any commercial chemicals we are strictly ORGANIC I would charge about $225 - $250 per application, make sure you check with your local and states regulations on applicators, here if you charge for ANY type of application you MUST be certified as a Applicator. If you get caught here applying anything on a lawn and charging the customer for it you can be fined up to $10,000.00 they don't play here. Be safe save your business and all you have worked for and check with the state if you don't know the answers to applicators certifications.

Good Luck
Tim
Thx

Im still lookng for answers on being cerified in Pa

makbootzy
04-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Do you need a license to apply seed or just seed with pesticides?

realhuntin
04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Quote[/b] (makbootzy @ April 11 2008,11:08)]Do you need a license to apply seed or just seed with pesticides?
Most States require an applicator license for any herbicide and or pesticides that are commercialy applied, what that means is if you spray it or drop it and are being paid for those service you MUST be a certified applicator if your state requires it (plan seed is not included) all you need to do to find out is call your states Department of Agriculture they will be happy to answer this question. Organic applies to these rules also, yeah your right it doesnt make sense but that is just how it is.

Good Luck
Tim