PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!

turfsurferlawncare
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Alright, I had just finished passing out like 140 fliers to promote my business, I was at the end of the neighbor hood when i got a phone call. I didn't recognize the number so i went to answer it and the person hung up. 1 min later they called again from a restricted number. he told me all this bull Sh!t about how he was a detective with the local police and how he would fine me for soliciting my ads. I was then possing as my cusin and told the guy that my cusin ( really me) owned the business and was doing a lawn. he told me to tell me that. So I called the dude back from my same phone as myself, saying my cusin told me he had gotton a call from this number, the guy told me that it wasnt him, yet it was his voice both times, I then said " How long has ppl been complainng about my ads? he told me about 2 weeks. i said thats really sketchy considering we just passed them out today. he told me nothing at that. then out of no where these were my finall words to him " Damit, my guys werent supposed to pass out fliers this week without me knowing, Im sorry about all the confusion this has caused, Im going to have to straiten this **** up with my crew. Then he hung up. I worked that guy harder than he thought he had worked me. HAHAHAHA. He was trying to scare me out of the neighborhood. What about that. SRRRy for the long post guys.

musician/lawnman
04-08-2008, 08:53 PM
It might have been another lawn care operator, When I did health insurance for a living we'd put out those stick in the ground signs on street corners & in parking lots, sometimes the county would actually call & ask you to take them down or you'd be fined, But almost everytime some other insurance agent would call you & pose as the county to try to get you to take your signs down (as you might be attracting their existing or potential customers with them). I got to know the guys who were actually from the county & their phone numbers pretty well, the other guys would still try but I would then screw with them instead. I'd tell them I'm sorry I put out the signs again sir, It just I really want to help those who cant afford typical health insurance plans. We've got some great new plans that can save folks 60 sometimes 70% & it's great coverage, the people of this area really need to know about it, & the commisions are great for me too. Now the agent (still posing as the county guy) is trying to figure out what fantastic product I carry that he doesn't? I wouldn't answer any of his now urgent questions about the product..... Sorry I gotta go take some signs down I guess..... "uuuuhhh but wait!" NOPE gotta go!

Steve
04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Chuck that is amazing! LOL I never would have thought that other agents would call you to tell you to take them down HAHAHHA That is so devious!

Well I guess ultimately, unless you get a complaint from the city or county, and you can see it on your caller ID, then you shouldn't take any other calls seriously.

All Aspects Landscaping
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
man... that sound like something I would do...lol... i have no shame!

FourSeasons
04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey, I have people flag my ads on craigslist sometimes. I cant think of any reason why they would be violating a rule on there.
I figured its some other lco doing it over and over again!

Steve
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Rob,

I bet you are right with that. Maybe this is why we see lawn care business owners repost their ads almost daily on craigslist.

turfsurferlawncare
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Yah that is true. I found out the exact house that the land line number came from. I drove by it today and to my surprise I found a 4'X10' trailer with a cub cadet push mower on it. There was also cub cadet string trimmer, edger, and little pole hegde trimmer. the guy is not regestered and non exsistant. I though it was funny that he was trying to scare me . Im licensed, insured, and registered.

Steve
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh Brandon that is amazing! Take a picture and post it! What a story!

turfsurferlawncare
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Yah! I'll try to drive through that neighborhood and try to get a picture of his business. Ohh, yah I did finish my new trimmer string rack. It looks similar to the one in the pictue posts. it is pretty sweet. It is from an old ladder and rider mower.