PDA

View Full Version : WHY PINESTRAW

STRAW MAN
02-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Why Pine Straw?

Pine Straw's auburn like color gives a beautiful clean decorative covering for landscape and gardens as well as acts as a weed retardant. Pine Straw is organic, retains moisture, decomposes and is high in nitrogen. As pine needles break down they acidify the soil making an excellent mulch for acid-loving plants, trees & shrubs (such as camellias, azaleas, hydrangeas, fuchsias, gardenias, ferns, dogwoods, magnolias, holly and all evergreens). Pine straw adheres well to slopes and will help your garden or landscape resist erosion acting as a blanket shielding feeder roots of plants from harsh weather, and pine straw helps to keep your garden insect and rodent free. *top

How to Apply Pine Straw..

Application is best done by hand, two to three inches deep. Because Pine Straw helps retain soil moisture below, do not cover the base of the plant. Extend the pine straw to the drip line of the plant, keeping it two to three inches away from plant base and the trunks of trees and shrubs, this will also discourage rodents from feasting on the bark. top

How Much Pine Straw to Use...

Pine needles are sold in bales like straw, each bale weighs approximately 25 pounds:
Custom Pine Straw is highly compressed to 13x14x28 inches and contains 3 cubic feet of pine straw.
Each bale will cover 60 square feet when applying the recommended 2-3" top

please contact me at 912'256'7225 thank you bros

Steve
02-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Gabriel do you have any pictures of the pine straw that you sell? I'd like to see it in use.

landonkade
02-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Quote[/b] (STRAW MAN @ Feb. 18 2008,9:13)]Why Pine Straw?

Pine Straw's auburn like color gives a beautiful clean decorative covering for landscape and gardens as well as acts as a weed retardant. Pine Straw is organic, retains moisture, decomposes and is high in nitrogen. As pine needles break down they acidify the soil making an excellent mulch for acid-loving plants, trees & shrubs (such as camellias, azaleas, hydrangeas, fuchsias, gardenias, ferns, dogwoods, magnolias, holly and all evergreens). Pine straw adheres well to slopes and will help your garden or landscape resist erosion acting as a blanket shielding feeder roots of plants from harsh weather, and pine straw helps to keep your garden insect and rodent free. *top

How to Apply Pine Straw..

Application is best done by hand, two to three inches deep. Because Pine Straw helps retain soil moisture below, do not cover the base of the plant. Extend the pine straw to the drip line of the plant, keeping it two to three inches away from plant base and the trunks of trees and shrubs, this will also discourage rodents from feasting on the bark. top

How Much Pine Straw to Use...

Pine needles are sold in bales like straw, each bale weighs approximately 25 pounds:
Custom Pine Straw is highly compressed to 13x14x28 inches and contains 3 cubic feet of pine straw.
Each bale will cover 60 square feet when applying the recommended 2-3" top
when bagging pinestraw up from a yard, and its all cut up and such. Is it good to reuse that for flower beds . I have seen pinestraw bagged up/ chopped though a mower sitting on the curb of a road and people come by and pick it up.

I am guessing they reuse it for beds as the same as mulched up leaves, not sure though

let me know y it could be reused

STRAW MAN
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
yea i can get pictures i guess ill put in the myspace thats problely the only why i can do like you all ready know im not the best with this things lol

STRAW MAN
02-19-2008, 09:54 AM
if its clean is the only i would use pine straw
if it in the streets that is drity and i would not reuse it
i hope those guys arnt selling that stuff

jm pinestraw to jm landscaping