PDA

View Full Version : lawn spraying and pest control?

landonkade
12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
i have noticed there is very few people here that do lawn spraying, and i have noticed lawn compaines offering pest control also.

How can i go about getting into this, is there test i have to take. if so any pointers on what direction i need to go.

I had thought about getting in with radio stations with the toy drive, they do it around christmas time, getting in scissor lifts for a long period of time until so many bikes are raised. So i figured i could probaly partisipate in it/helping or something to sponsor my business and getting my business
name out

having a lawn care website, for u LCO's how much has business picked up for u since u started having a website, for customers looking for lawn care in your area

^ just a thought

Steve
12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Quote[/b] ]getting in scissor lifts for a long period of time until so many bikes are raised.

Is this something that is promoted through a radio station or is this something you came up with? Can you tell us more?

landonkade
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,8:18)]Quote[/b] ]getting in scissor lifts for a long period of time until so many bikes are raised.

Is this something that is promoted through a radio station or is this something you came up with? Can you tell us more?
that is something the radio station people do with a port da potty with them

ABurlison
12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 05 2007,8:14)]i have noticed there is very few people here that do lawn spraying, and i have noticed lawn compaines offering pest control also.
I noticed my local Community College offers the training and pre-test preperation and it wasn't that expensive, under $200, now I'm not sure how in depth they go, but it was for pesticide applicators license. Just a thought to check into.

Steve
12-05-2007, 07:22 PM
That is awesome!

Could you contact people in your area and ask them if they would like to donate a used bike? Could used bikes then be made sure they worked and giving out as gifts?

landonkade
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 05 2007,8:22)]That is awesome!

Could you contact people in your area and ask them if they would like to donate a used bike? Could used bikes then be made sure they worked and giving out as gifts?
they advertise the toy drive over the radio station,They mostly do it at walmart for people to come to the scissor lift and leave a bike or get people to go inside and buy one and donate it. Radio station songs play for a little bit on the radio and then they break in to advertise the toy drive, they do it like 15 times in one hour.

tjgray
12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 05 2007,7:14)]i have noticed there is very few people here that do lawn spraying, and i have noticed lawn compaines offering pest control also.

How can i go about getting into this, is there test i have to take. if so any pointers on what direction i need to go.
Go to your states Department of Agriculture website or contact their office....they will list all the requirements http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
12-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Matt keep us posted if you do anything further with the toy drive.

Realistic Lawn Care
12-06-2007, 08:27 PM
yes you need a applicators lisence/pesticide lisence. now you need to also figure out which way you wanna do it, granular or liquid. granular fertilizers are more expenseive then liquid. but liquid you need a tank reel hose engine. if you choose to do granular you need to find a way for you to kill the weeds also it may be a 50gallons tank for broadleaf weeds or grassy weeds. or spot spray with backpack sprayer.

realhuntin
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 05 2007,8:14)]having a lawn care website, for u LCO's how much has business picked up for u since u started having a website, for customers looking for lawn care in your area

^ just a thought
In my case the website and yahoo local listings has brought in 70% of my business this past season, we only started in this industry April 2007,

So yes it works for me!

landonkade
12-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Dec. 07 2007,10:45)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Dec. 05 2007,8:14)]having a lawn care website, for u LCO's how much has business picked up for u since u started having a website, for customers looking for lawn care in your area

^ just a thought
In my case the website and yahoo local listings has brought in 70% of my business this past season, we only started in this industry April 2007,

So yes it works for me!
do u still get alot of business off the website in the fall as of right now.

I just got mine up about a month ago