PDA

View Full Version : lawn renovation

FourSeasons
12-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I have a customer that just bought a foreclosed home and wants to turn around and rent it. Since it was a foreclosure it has been sitting a long time not maintained.
She wants the grass to look nice for attracting renters to move in soon.
The grass is mostly moss. Can someone give me some tips on how to renovate the lawn at this time of the year. It definitley needs to be thatched but that is going to thin it out and its been pretty cold here in WA so I don't think overseeding is going to work this time of the year.
Looking for a alternative to new sod. I don't think she is going for 2500 for new sod on a rental.
Is there anything I can do at this time of the year to make the lawn look better?

Or should I tell her this is not the time of the year to renovate a lawn and to wait til spring. Unless she wants to go with sod.

pnplawn
12-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Dec. 02 2007,12:25)]I have a customer that just bought a foreclosed home and wants to turn around and rent it. Since it was a foreclosure it has been sitting a long time not maintained.
She wants the grass to look nice for attracting renters to move in soon.
The grass is mostly moss. Can someone give me some tips on how to renovate the lawn at this time of the year. It definitley needs to be thatched but that is going to thin it out and its been pretty cold here in WA so I don't think overseeding is going to work this time of the year.
Looking for a alternative to new sod. I don't think she is going for 2500 for new sod on a rental.
Is there anything I can do at this time of the year to make the lawn look better?

Or should I tell her this is not the time of the year to renovate a lawn and to wait til spring. Unless she wants to go with sod.
Il have to give this some thought get back to you. I will try come up with something for you by tomorrow.

Steve
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Is there any way you can get a picture of it and post it?

FourSeasons
12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't have any pics of it and its about 20 min from where I live and I already went out there twice.
It looks more like the lawn is moss and the grass is a weed in the moss.
And the back is about 3 ft. high. Its not going to look good at all when I cut it being that tall.
I told her she needs to consider what she wants.
New $2500 sod = no pets
Renters = don't care about landscape and grass
Her new sod is probably going to go to waste with it being a rental.
If it was my rental I would just mow it down and call it good.