PDA

View Full Version : Whats your U.S.P.?

Steve
02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
What is a USP? The USP (Unique selling proposition) very clearly answers the question, "Why should I do business with you instead of your competitors?"

For example, who do you think of when you hear the phrase, "Fresh, hot pizza delivered in 30 minutes or less, guaranteed"?

Dominos virtually took over the delivered pizza market with that USP. Notice Dominos didn't even promise the pizza tasted good.

What is your company's USP?

NickN
02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
We offer a lifetime guarantee on every perennial plant we install.No questions asked.

Steve
02-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi NickN,

That's pretty amazing! How could a consumer not like that!

Have you found any problems with this kind of guarantee?

NickN
02-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Everyone loves it so far and we haven't had any problem.IN a landscape,the plants are the least expensive item,provided they're not an exotic species.We provide a detailed portfolio of the design,3D concept,before and after photos,and proper care and watering for each plant,in a spiral bound folder.
If we have to go back in 10 years to replace a $7 plant,I don't mind.It's good customer service.In the meantime,I've made enough off the install to buy every plant 10 times over and the business generated by referrals due to this policy can't be beat.
The main thing is,I want happy customers.I want them to smile when they think of us,refer us,or hear someone else mention our name.