PDA

View Full Version : Drought Conditions

tiedeman
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Has anybody else been facing drought conditions as of lately? It has been going on one month here so far, and only 2 days of rain during that months time. Everything is burnt up big time.

How do you guys deal with the drought conditions?

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
07-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Its been a bit dry up this way as well. I'm starting to get a few requests to skip a week to let the grass grow a bit more before I cut it. I don't have a problem with it as the lawns are turning brown and really don't need a cut.

I'm utilizing the time to catch up on other projects I've been chipping away at that don't seem to get finished.

tiedeman
07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
some with me. I have been putting together a new business plan and marketing procedure for the rest of this year and next year

Turf Talk
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
If the lawns going brown is affecting your income, and customers still want a nice lush looking lawn. you could try using a turf colourant, its basically a green dye used to colour the turf in times of heat stress and also dormancy in winter. it can last about 8-12 weeks in winter. it is called [Green Lawnger] just a business thought for you guys in times of drought..

Scott Bursky
Website Admin
www.turftalk.org
TURF TALK - Networking Turf managers, Greenkeepers & lawn Care Professionals Worldwide... Forums, Articles & More....

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x173/turftalkgreenkeepers/banner_homepage-3.jpg (http://www.turftalk.org/content.cfm)

SerranoLandscaping
10-10-2007, 02:43 PM
where can i find thins dye. How much for the gallon.

I have a customer that is very anal about his lawn. And i could introduce this to him to see if he is interested for the winter.

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-10-2007, 04:31 PM
That dye sounds like a good idea.

One of my colleagues in the business had an industrial customer once. The CEO of the company was coming to visit that afternoon.

There was a brown spot about the size of a frisbee in the grass around the front entrance. So, the plant manager had my friend get a couple cans of green spray paint so it would look okay for the CEO's visit.

Funny, but it worked.