PDA

View Full Version : Branding

Steve
02-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Here is an advertisement from Tiffany. What is fascinating about this is how the ad doesn't even show a piece of jewelry. It shows the box. The blue box with the white ribbon has become known as a Tiffany's box.
Do you find it interesting that it's the box that gets the attention and not the jewelry itself?

bcflawnlandscape
02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
its crazy! I sold JUST THE BOX from the gift I bought my wife on ebay for like 15 bucks!!! That is nuts!

Steve
02-08-2006, 12:57 PM
WOW! Now that is amazing! It is incredible what branding can do. How much value it can attribute to an object.

It makes you think how you can do this for your own company.

Soupy
02-08-2006, 06:01 PM
If you showed me that picture without any company information. I would not be able to tell you who it belonged to. I would know that the guy had a jewelry box in his hand and that it was the focus of the picture. But I see no branding other then the jewelry box itself. If he had a lunch box in his hand I would know he was holding his lunch without actually seeing the food.

I good example of branding would be Nike... Logo's are for branding. You would see their shoe, but wouldn't know who it belonged to until you seen the swoosh logo on the shoe.

Steve
02-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Soupy,

That is a very good point. But you have to admit there are people who put a high value on the brand. If bcflawnlandscape was able to sell an empty blue box for $15.00! That does say a lot about it's perceived value, in certain people's eyes.