PDA

View Full Version : newspaper advertising..

bcflawnlandscape
02-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Anyone place any newspaper ads? If so what section do you place them in? What does the ad entail? Is it color or B/W? I'm considering advertising in the paper and curious to hear how results where... was it worth it etc. Also, what did you use to design the ad? THanks!

Steve
02-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi bcflawnlandscape,

Some of the LCOs I have talked with in the past about this suggested to keep it simple. Something like this.

LAWN MOWING
Great price
Call xxx-xxxx

I believe the ads were placed in the service section. What are your thoughts?

bcflawnlandscape
02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
been reading up on a few things, the service section in our local paper is flooded with LCO's with the classified ad. I am looking to do something a little differently, maybe take out a 5x7 ad in a section of the paper with something, or even thought about seeing if the paper would place a flyer of mine in w/their paper. Something that would be different from your typical LCO classified ad.

Steve
02-08-2006, 01:07 PM
If I had a choice, I think I would choose the flyer route in the paper. Maybe use colored paper then?

bcflawnlandscape
02-08-2006, 01:12 PM
yeah would definitely use colored paper. think the flyer in the newspaper would be more effective than say? going door to door w/flyers?

bcflawnlandscape
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Of course I would have to have a different type of flyer due to the fact the flyer i'm using now has the price to do the lawn box in the bottom corner. I'd have to get rid of that in order to make it work don't you think?