PDA

View Full Version : Paying More, 15%

tiedeman
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Well, my customers will be paying more starting June 4th. I sent out a letter to them today notifying them of the 15% price increase on their mowing prices. It will be interesting to see how many cancel services

Steve
05-24-2007, 02:48 PM
What made you raise your prices and why did you choose 15%?

tiedeman
05-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, at first I was going to base it on the travel time to the property, size of the property, etc. But that was just too dang hard to figure out. So I settled on a percentage rate instead. I was only going to do 10%, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Billz
05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
I have changed some customer's mow days to get my routes tighter... a couple have tried to complain, but when I explain it is this or a gas charge, they realized they weren't going to win.lol

gas is 3.65 here.

tiedeman
05-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Yup, gas is $3.65 here as well. Jumped up 20 cents this week.

I used to do all mowing on Monday thru Thursday, but now I do it Monday thru Wednesday instead. It makes a tighter schedule and tigther route for I am not double crossing the area one day, and then doing it again another day

Steve
05-26-2007, 04:28 AM
How have your customers reacted to the 15% increase?

tiedeman
05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Out of all my customers; 1 was mad about it, 6 actually supported it, and the others I have not heard a comment from them yet.

Steve
05-29-2007, 08:29 AM
WOW! Well that certainly will help the bottom line. A 15% boost is always helpful!

Are all of these customers on contract or no?

tiedeman
05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Yes, all of them are on contract

Steve
06-05-2007, 09:51 PM
How does your contract handle price increases? Do you have any specific clauses in there that deal with this?

tiedeman
06-07-2007, 01:50 PM
This is no specific clause in there that deals with or without raising prices. I figured ahead of time if a customer wants to fight it, then I would just drop them then

watleylawncare
06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Hello LCO's

I'm curious as to what some of you charge for lawns and how do you charge, by size, location, hourly??

tiedeman
06-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I have a set hourly rate that I must charge for the properties. Based on the location and the amount of time that property will take is the price I give

Clean Lawn
07-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I have set prices based on a weekly lawn service maitenance. If they decide for bimonthly then I ajust for the increase in price for the addition wear on my equipment. I decided upon this route (for residential property) after speaking with several different companies on their costs per hour or lawn size.
I have additional services that I have added based on by the hour rates. Those rates I liked and were close to my own when I figured for them from the lawn book I received from another lawn care company. Which was sent to me from a very nice gentleman that purchased it. When I asked some questions he asked if I would be interested in the book and he sent it to me. I have been reading and rereading and right now my partner who has never had to deal with the business aspect of lawn care is reading too. Yes, the author of this book also hosts these forums. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif

Steve
07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Clean Lawn,

Which Book?