PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this flyer

kc2006
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Well I tossed this flyer together today, just a quick rough draft. My brother designed the background, its based off one of gophers templetes but alittle different.

What would you guys change on this flyer? Would you move the logo to the bottom and the coupon and photo to the top? Would you put the coupon up next to the logo and the call information on the bottom? Would you add some kind of attention grabber at the top?

As I said, its a rough draft, looking for advice to make it better. It will be black ink on yellow paper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/mean83sc/flyer2.jpg

Steve
02-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi kc2006,

I think it looks just fine. What kind of coupon are you going to include?

kc2006
02-03-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure yet. I'm looking to add quite a few customers this year (35 is the goal) and I'm on a limited advertising budget. There will be 16,000 of these flyers sent out and depending on the return I get, I'll be sending another 16,000 out in another area of town. So I was thinking of going with a fairly aggressive offer...as in 2 or 3 free cuts, or possibly a good percentage off aeration in the fall (I would mark it down to cover costs).

I'm not sure yet. Anyone have any interesting offers they're using or have used?

Billz
02-03-2006, 02:31 PM
how about giving a free aeration after the years mowing? I have seen on ********, that 2 or 3 free mowings didn't do much.

Steve
02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Would that be a free aeration with an annual mowing contract?

kc2006
02-03-2006, 02:50 PM
The only problem I have with giving a free areation is if the property is very large. *Most properties here are under 8,000 sq ft, but if I get a few 1/2 or 1 acre accounts like I already have...wow that would be alot of free aeration. *

Unless I have it up to a certain sq ft?

I'm going to redo the coupon so theres 2 coupons also.

TG, I'm going to put the coupon offers for signing a service agreement, no matter what the offer ends up being.

Steve
02-03-2006, 03:08 PM
That's a good idea. You could limit it up to a certain sq ft. Why not!

grounded
02-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Thatís a very ambitious Ad campaign
How are you getting your printing done? Color or B/W
And what is the total cost to have 1 flyer put on the door?
(labor + flyer)

Tom

P.S Best of luck!

kc2006
02-06-2006, 10:01 AM
The flyers are being inserted into a local paper. The paper is free and goes to homes only, so it works out.

Distribution cost is $24 per 1000, I got a price of $365 for the 16K printed black ink on white paper, I have to double check on yellow paper and see how much more that will jack the price up.

UnitedEnvironment.com
02-06-2006, 10:22 AM
what paper is that, I want to give it a shot in my area, thats cheap as ####.

kc2006
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
New flyer I came up with. *Any comments on it?

I don't think I'm going to add any coupons, I want to give it a try without coupons and see the response I get. *After reading, alot of people say coupons haven't helped sell for them. *Which after I thought of it, last year I had 1 person even say about the coupon that I offered on my flyer.

Steve
02-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi kc2006,

That is good. I like how you have been able to mix and match different elements from different flyers!

One spelling question. Should it be "It's not too early"? Since you are saying It is not too early?

kc2006
02-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the spelling pointer. There's a few things I need to change. Cleanup should be Clean-up I believe and the error you pointed out.

Do you think I should add anything to the bottom of the page? It seems...bare with just the logo and number. Almost over powering. I'm going to widen the top section to give some more space, maybe this will make the bottom look "full".

I'm about 98% positive this is the flyer I'll go with, just trying to tweak it to get the max out of it.

Now I have to come up with a door hanger or magnet, I intend on putting these out sooner just to try and scrape up some business (spare time advertising)

Steve
02-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi kc2006,

At first glance when you look at the flyer, the logo and contact information does take up close to half of it.

Do you need it that big? Probably not.
Could you put any other important information in there? Maybe.
But then again, it's also nice not to jam up the entire paper with text. Blank space is important too. It allows things to be read easier.

If I needed my lawn maintained and you dropped off your flyer, I would certainly call you.