PDA

View Full Version : Job Pricing

bcnj
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi, am just starting with my landscaping business. I need help on how to price jobs for customers. Such as, regular lawn service, mulching, edging, weeding, and also, installing 6 trees that are 6 ft. tall. Can someone please help me cause I have research and read a couple of books but couldnt nothing that could tell me how much to charge for one man or two men for labor can someone please tell me how do i go about with this and give me a quote perhaps thanks

Little's
06-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi and welcome. I started my lawn service a little over a year ago. In that time I have under bidded and over bidded. So this is what I have learned that works for me.
For the regular lawn service, I include mowing, edging, blowing, weed control, fertilizing, and trimming shrubs. For this full service I try to make about $1 per minute. So if this takes me 30 minutes per service I will charge them $120 per month (30x4). If the property isn't currently being maintained, then there may be an initial clean up charge before starting the regular services. For me, this has been an initial charge of anything from $75 up to $500. I have found that most customers understand the initial charge and are OK with it.
As for the 6 trees, I am assuming that they are 15 gal?
I have been charging $20-$30 per tree for these ($15 if it is a 5 gal). You will usually need bag of planting mix per 2 trees or so. Maybe some good stakes if the trees need support. And you will have soil to haul away if they dont want it on their property.
Well I hope this helps
Good luck with your new business!
Brandon

tiedeman
06-12-2007, 07:18 PM
My best suggestion to you is to involved in a summer class at a local community college in regards to business. They also have self helf business books that break down for you exactly how you should for services and products