PDA

View Full Version : Meet or Beat

tiedeman
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Does the meet or beat marketing technique really work, or is it just a quick fix that will backfire?

By this I mean, lets say you send marketing material that you will meet or beat your competitions price on lawn maintenance. It is determined of course on the fact that they show to you what the other lawn care service charged on a invoice.

Is it a good idea to beat that price just to get them as a customer or would it eventually backfire?

PremierLand
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I dont really do that unless I can make money on it. I refuse to let someone else set my prices

VogelLawnService
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
i woudltn do it. there is way to many smaller guies out there charging hardly nothing using bad equiptment. i wouldnt wanna meet or beat that price. gota cover the overhead of trying to expand bigger and bigger. only want the good lawns.

tiedeman
03-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Do you think that it is a good long term investment though to get into the area and get as many accounts as possible and push the competition out of there?

Steve
03-19-2007, 11:38 AM
My take is that it is not sustainable. Since there is a never ending supply of new competitors who can and will lowball.

However if you want to test it out as an experiment, possibly try it in a small area?