PDA

View Full Version : Lost a sale

tiedeman
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Have you ever went to a dealer, that was either rude or had poor customer service skills that you decided not to deal with them?

More and more I see dealers not taking care of their customers. *Just this past week I called up a local dealer to get some pricing on a new trimmer and he answered the phone, "What do you want." *Now this is the first time that I have ever dealed with this guy and business, so you would think that he would answer the phone more politely.

So what was my response? "Well, I can tell what you don't want, you don't want a sale. *Have a nice day." *And I hung up.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Guess he is not familiar with the term symbiotic relationships, no customers, no sales.

Steve
02-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I was reading that mower sales were down quite a bit last year and maybe that is effecting things?

Quote[/b] ]No sales are way down, 50% off April, 80% off May, and June75% so far. $3.00 a gal gas and now our Electric Company wants a 72% increase in electric rates. People have STOPPED buying. Car dealers are overrun with 2006 models and 2007's are coming. Not looking good here.
___
BURKHEIMER EQUIPMENT from another post (http://lawnforums.com/showthread.php?t=8523).