PDA

View Full Version : How about a Hummer?

Steve
01-12-2007, 08:08 AM
How many lawn care operators have you seen out and about driving a Hummer as a work truck?

Would you like to?

http://www.popslandscaping.com/images/pops_index2.jpg

http://www.popslandscaping.com/pops_index.html

gatewayuser
01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I would like to but I know it would not be wise. I was taught in business class that you never want to have a over nice vehicle at a job. My teacher told me that he drives a Honda accord to jobs but he drives a new BMW 5 series on the weekend. You don't want a customer to feel like you are getting payed too much even though you may be rich. The less a customer knows about how much money you have the better. If you are driving a Hummer the customer may feel like they can wait to pay because, hey you have enough money.

Steve
01-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Quote[/b] ]My teacher told me that he drives a Honda accord to jobs but he drives a new BMW 5 series on the weekend. You don't want a customer to feel like you are getting payed too much even though you may be rich. The less a customer knows about how much money you have the better. If you are driving a Hummer the customer may feel like they can wait to pay because, hey you have enough money.
That is a very good point.

I have even seen the opposite point argued. That driving a fancy car to a job estimate helps you land wealthy clients. I don't know if there is any scientific study to back up either theory but I would think it would be safer to drive a lower priced vehicle for work purposes.

ritchiem
01-14-2007, 05:00 PM
I would love to drive one...but not as a daily driver.

Steve
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Have you ever seen any lcos driving them?

gatewayuser
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 14 2007,8:18)]Have you ever seen any lcos driving them?
I have not but I have seen lumber companies, gyms and realty companies using them before.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Interesting question. I think I would be more inclined to drive something less likely to draw attention given the reasons as stated by gatewayuser.

In a similar line of thought, I do think it is very important to draw attention to the fact you keep all your equipment very clean and well kept. Shows that if you care about your gear, you will care about the cutomer.