PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder if the equipment you buy is stolen?

Steve
01-31-2007, 11:03 AM
This guy was stealing lawn care equipment and then reselling it. It makes you wary of those who you purchase used equipment from.

If you live near Nashville maybe you bumped into this guy.

Police seek stolen merchandise (http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070130/COUNTY0103/70130022) - North Precinct detectives say area landscaping business owners may have unknowingly purchased stolen merchandise from a man involved in numerous thefts of lawn equipment and trailers from residences in Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Robertson, and Cheatham counties in the past three months.

Bruce E. Barnett, 46, of Joelton, is being held in the Williamson County jail on theft charges. He is expected to face similar charges in Davidson County

tiedeman
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Last year I was looking for an engine for a back up mower and I wanted something dirt cheap. *I went to my local dealer and one of the mechanics there told me to call his friend that deals with engines. *I called up his friend and the engines were like half the price that they should have been and they were brand new. *I told the guy no thanks, they sounded hot to me. *The funny thing, I swore I saw his name in the newspaper later in the year for robbery.

Steve
02-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Makes you wonder if he was stealing them from the dealership too!

tiedeman
02-03-2007, 05:31 PM
That is a good question