PDA

View Full Version : Free lawn care offered to

Steve
06-18-2006, 09:10 PM
This seems to be a really nice idea. Has anyone heard of this or considered doing it?

It might also get you press attention.

Free lawn care offered to deployed troops’ families (http://www.airforcetimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1861022.php) - A national nonprofit organization is mobilizing lawn and landscape companies to provide free lawn care for families of service members who deploy to the Middle East.

More than 1,000 companies around the country have signed up for “GreenCare for Troops — Serving You While You Serve Us” since it began May 22, said Katherine Brandenburg, a spokeswoman for Project EverGreen, whose mission is to promote healthy landscapes and green spaces. mowing, aeration and grub control. A variety of services will be available depending on the area of the country, she said. About 100 families have signed up for the free service.

tiedeman
06-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I personally have not considered it yet. I don't think that anybody else here offers it as well

Steve
06-19-2006, 09:13 PM
That could work to your benefit. IF you wanted to do this, you would be the first one in your area which should guarantee you news coverage.

chadio_70
12-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I do this for a young woman in our community. It is only one. My father, grandfather, and uncles are veteran's who served overseas. When I left that job she was holding her daughter. As a father of two, I looked at my son, 2, who was with me and I felt good. I would hope someone would help my family while I was in harms way.

Steve
12-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Chad, that is very kind of you. I bet if you sent a letter to the paper about it, they would write a story on this. It's a very nice story to share, especially during the holidays.

Always Greener
12-16-2006, 06:47 AM
We precipitate in the Green Care for Troops… I have a few family members over there and if they can fight for us I can do a few lawns in return..

http://www.alwaysgreenerlawn.com/greencare.html

Steve
12-16-2006, 02:12 PM
That is very kind of you.

Can you tell us a little how you got involved in that program and what an lco would do to get involved?

How is a family chosen for the lawn care?