PDA

View Full Version : Are LCOs on average healthier than others?

Steve
12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Are LCOs healthier do you feel than the average person?

Do you think they smoke more or less?

It seems those who aren't in good shape can't stay in this business for long. What's your view?

Going under the knife for a new life (http://www.post-trib.com/news/167133,gastric.article) - In addition to quitting his old eating habits, Dulla had another demon to slay: smoking. He has smoked for 12 years, his wife is still a smoker, and he was forced to quit, cold turkey, two weeks before the operation. He is not supposed to smoke ever again, as smoking can cause complications.

Late last spring, Dulla gave in. Smoking helped, taking the edge off of his postsurgery stress, and the stress from his new lawn care service.

He didn't smoke as much as he once had. But there were days where he lit up 10 or 12 cigarettes.

Then in late October, it apparently began to catch up to him. Paul Stanish, Jason's surgeon, believes the cause for the bleeding ulcer and the blood vomiting was the smoking, contrary to the Dullas' opinions. Smoking can often lead to such complications in gastric patients.

Mow Right
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Looks just like excuses.. it can be hard work like any other job ... and I think LCO's smoke a little more than average, but not much..

tiedeman
12-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, I don't smoke, and never have, but my body takes a beating from work big time. It seems like I am always sore or hurt, and my wife always tells me that she is worried about me.

PremierLand
12-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Dec. 11 2006,10:37)]Well, I don't smoke, and never have, but my body takes a beating from work big time. *It seems like I am always sore or hurt, and my wife always tells me that she is worried about me.
a little off topic, but anyway, how have you been? are you still in the lawncare/landscaping business?

tiedeman
12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
yup still doing it.

send me an email to catch up if you want troytiedeman@sbcglobal.net