PDA

View Full Version : Charging Extra

tiedeman
11-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I am curious as to how many people charge customers for lawn maintenance, when they are doing fall clean ups?

I mean, if the grass is still growing, I charge customers for the fall clean up and the lawn maintenance rate. So far, not really anybody has complained about it.

What are your thoughts?

Steve
11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Quote[/b] ]I mean, if the grass is still growing, I charge customers for the fall clean up and the lawn maintenance rate. So far, not really anybody has complained about it.

How much more work/time does it involve?

tiedeman
11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Really nothing exact, because when I do fall clean ups I use the mower. BUT....grass is still growing you are you basically bagging grass at the same time you are bagging leaves

ritchiem
11-13-2006, 06:38 AM
It all really depends. Where you might see it as killing 2 birds with one stone a frugal client may see it as an easy way for you to make more money from them.

If there is one thing that I have learned it is that "Clients love to see you labour for their money". May sound bad, but it is the reality of the trade...the harder we work the more money to be had.

Personally I wouldn't charge for the cut...but I would charge a disposal fee for the debris. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

It really is a touchy area, and I hope you make the right decision. A client may not let you know that they are displeased until they do not resign the next growing season with you.

Just my thoughts,

Steve
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Quote[/b] ]"Clients love to see you labour for their money". May sound bad, but it is the reality of the trade.

I agree with you on this. When you work in this field you are totally on display. The client can see everything you do. It makes things rougher but I guess if you know you are being watched you can then play up the role and create the impression you are really working hard.

Quote[/b] ]A client may not let you know that they are displeased until they do not resign the next growing season with you.
How true. I think about all the times I am displeased with service from a company and most of the time, I don't confront them, I just move on. Even at restaurants.