PDA

View Full Version : aerating and overseeding pricing

grassguy123
09-27-2006, 01:50 PM
im out of central nj this is my second year of lawn service...some customers are asking for aerating and overseeding...i know the price to rent the machines and the price for the seed.....i was gona just charge 50/hr in labor but i heard i can get more for that...what should i charge
15,000 sqft grass=?
30,000 sqft grass=?

tiedeman
09-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Aeration normally goes on average for $10 per 1000 sq ft.

Now when it comes to overseeding on an already established lawn, it really depends on what you mean by overseeding. Whether you mean broadcasting seed over the areas just aerated, or slit seeding the lawn. If you are slit seeding the lawn, normal rates are around $25 per 1,000 sq ft. But if you are just overseeding, I would charge by the amount of seed used, and the time it took. Normally if you are just overseeding with a broadcast spreader after aeration, it takes very little time at all to do.

Figure to use approx 3 to 7lbs of grass seed per 1,000 sq ft depending on the lawn and type of technique used.

For me, if I was to aerate a 15,000 sq ft lawn and overseed with a broadcast spreader, I would probably charge approx $150 for aeration, and $225 for overseeding (that is the grass seed included in the price). So total price would be $375.00

slit seeder
04-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Aeration normally goes on average for $10 per 1000 sq ft.

Now when it comes to overseeding on an already established lawn, it really depends on what you mean by overseeding. Whether you mean broadcasting seed over the areas just aerated, or slit seeding the lawn. If you are slit seeding the lawn, normal rates are around $25 per 1,000 sq ft. But if you are just overseeding, I would charge by the amount of seed used, and the time it took. Normally if you are just overseeding with a broadcast spreader after aeration, it takes very little time at all to do.

Figure to use approx 3 to 7lbs of grass seed per 1,000 sq ft depending on the lawn and type of technique used.

For me, if I was to aerate a 15,000 sq ft lawn and overseed with a broadcast spreader, I would probably charge approx $150 for aeration, and $225 for overseeding (that is the grass seed included in the price). So total price would be $375.00

Is the $25 per 1,000 sq.ft.for one direction and with the seed?

shadrach
04-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I get about $10/k on the aeration as well but I have had others tell me they get $12-$14. I would probably charge about $260 for the 15k for overseeding but that would include starter fertilizer and seed. Higher cost of living where you are than where I am so not sure how it compares.

cruzgardening
04-06-2011, 04:04 AM
I get about $10/k on the aeration as well but I have had others tell me they get $12-$14. I would probably charge about $260 for the 15k for overseeding but that would include starter fertilizer and seed. Higher cost of living where you are than where I am so not sure how it compares.

around here in california not sure if we charge more or if its the high cost of living but aerating and reseeding a 2500 sq ft property would usually come out to $250the rental for the machine if the client wanted to do it would be about $80 bucks plus the seed $25 plus labor $40/hrx2hrs plus top soil it would be around $250 we lightly top dress even though we already Aerated... thats in Southern Cali