PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot selling ZTRs

Steve
07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Have you noticed Home Depot is selling ZTRs?

I don't know if they have been for a while or not but I was pretty shocked when I saw it.

kc2006
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
They've had them for awhile now, toro and cub cadet I believe. They've had them at our home depot for well over a year now. My brother works at lowes and said they don't sell many, they're lucky if they sell one a month.

Steve
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
What do you think of the quality of the ztrs in Home Depot?

What's your thought on why they don't sell?

kc2006
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
I know they're junk. A friend bought one last year (he's retired and cuts part time just for something to do) and he sold it half way through the year because it was falling apart on him. I've also heard of some homeowners with a couple acres that bought them and same thing about a year later they were falling apart. The cut was very poor on the one my friend had too.

As for why they don't sell, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because they're still about $2500 and you still have a traditional homeowner rider sitting next to it for around or under $1000. I've noticed only the wealthy around here uses them, statis symbol.

Steve
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Ah, very interesting. It did seem there were more traditional homeowner riders being displayed as well.

I wonder if there is a market for more commercial style mowers in Home Depot. Maybe kind of like a pro-level class. The do tend to push pro level tools at the store in other items.