PDA

View Full Version : What to spray weeds with

Billz
06-08-2006, 09:42 PM
What is the best thing to spray weeds with? I use prosecutor at my house now, but is there a better product that can be mixed with water like that? A bottle of it costs about $125 from Lesco, but I get many gallons of spray from that...I have noticed that if it rains at all for the next couple days, it doesn't work, but says it only needs 6 hours to be water proof...I see some round up that kills in 12 hours, does round up come in a concentrated form?

tiedeman
06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
I switch between a concentrated round up and a total vegetation killer. Normally I use that to just spray beds with, but you have to be very careful with the vegetation killer. I have seen the results of that last over a year before.

kc2006
06-08-2006, 10:36 PM
I actually just made a post about this on ******** today. I want to get something thats fast acting, I've always used prosecutor or just roundup, but they take too long to act.

I just tried "Quikpro" It's a water soluable granuale that you just dump in the water of your sprayer and they claim it acts in 24 hours. It has glyphosate (spelling?) and diquat, the diquat is what makes it so fast acting I guess. I didn't go back to the jobsite yet, but I will be there tomorrow, less then 48 hours so we'll see how it did. That quick pro is the same as prosecutor swift acting, but it costs more due to being in packets instead of a jug. A jug of swift acting is 120 (6.8lbs) I forget how many gallons it makes, but the quick pro was like 115 for 30 packets that makes 30 gallons only.

Other suggestions in my post were razorburn, anything with diquat in it, scythe mixed with roundup or prosecutor.

tiedeman
06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
What works great for me, and I see results in 24hrs, is 6oz per gallon of centrated round up.

Grass Groomers
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Roundup super concentrate (red cap & measurer) cost around $70 for 32 oz.___ Mixed @ 2 oz. a gallon makes 16 gallons. and you dont see results for a week or so. The cost is @ $ 4.40 a gallon or $ 13.20 per 3 gallon sprayer.

Roundup Quick Pro is an water soluable dry that comes in 6.8 lb jug and the cost is @ $145 it also has a fast acting diaquat so you can see results in 24hrs or less. The mix on this stuff is 1.5 oz per gallon. you get 72.5 gallons per jug. The cost is $2 per gallon or $6 per sprayer.