PDA

View Full Version : Too much rain lately?

Steve
05-17-2006, 01:03 PM
How has all this wet weather been effecting you?

Wet weather frustrates business owners (http://www.chronicle-tribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060517/NEWS01/605170333/1002) - Ron Anders, owner of Ron's Lawn Care Inc., said he shut down his business for four days because of the rain.

"There have been some problems," he said, adding that his crew will work extra hours to make up time lost during showers in the daytime. Anders' company maintains about 300 properties per week.

He said he faces problems of dulled mower blades because of wet surfaces and difficulty in laying grass seeds and pesticides while rain is in the forecast.

tiedeman
05-17-2006, 06:03 PM
The rain here has been kind of horrible for the last week. In the last 7 days, we have received rain 6 of those days. It hasn't totally set me back anything major, but when a window of time opens up when the rain stops I have to take advantage of it or I will fall behind. Tomorrow will be a big decided. If I can get all my work in tomorrow, I will be right on schedule, but if I don't, and it rains like they are predicting for the next few days, I will far behind at least a week.

tiedeman
05-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Another thing, knock on wood that we haven't really been deal with warm temperatures, we have mostly been in the 50s and 60's. Because if temps were in the 70's or higher, grass would be growing like crazy.

Steve
05-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Good point.

kc2006
05-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm not extremely behind right now. We've had rain since last Thursday, I've managed to get out hit and miss though. Sunday I got a few done and then we had a heavy downpour which soaked the ground. I finally got out today at 2pm, sun came out for about an hour before I went out, I waited for the driveway and street to dry and I was set. I could of and would of liked to have kept going but I had to stop at about 7, the blades were dull and I had to change the oil because of the new motor.

I'm actually hoping we get rain for a couple hours in the morning tomorrow (calling for it anyway), I have to finish up my electric OCDC, it will come in handy for the other accounts I have to do, so I'd like to have it done.

tiedeman
05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
It almost rained the entire day today. I knocked out 9 lawns, and it was misting the entire time, except for the last two, in which is it was down pouring. People were driving by looking at me thinking I was nuts.