PDA

View Full Version : Raising prices.

Steve
05-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Have you raised prices for your services? Adan Castaneda had to rise them by 20%. It's interesting to see what lcos are doing around different parts of the country to deal with the rising gas prices.

Soaring fuel costs squeeze small business (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060427/NEWS/604270376/-1/NEWS01) - Landscaper Adan Castaneda didn't want to raise his prices, but there's a limit to how much his business can take. Still, owners said, there is only so long their endurance can last. Landscaper Castaneda had to raise prices 20 percent, though that's not enough to compensate for higher fuel costs.

Steve
05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Here is another LCOs view of the current gasoline situation.

Gas sales tax pumps up consumers' misery (http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060427/NEWS01/604270345/1002) - When local landscaper George Little pulls up to the pump, he fuels an array of gas-powered equipment, from his Ford F-350 truck to hand-held weed trimmers — gas stops which he estimates cost him $240 per week.

Like all drivers, he also pays an array of gas taxes and fees which, with the rise of prices at the pump, now amount to almost 50 cents a gallon locally.

Little, the owner of Powersource Landscaping, lays the blame on politicians.
“I think if they really want to boost the economy, they should relieve the consumer of those taxes,” he said. “That would be a good place to put some domestic policy in play.”

tiedeman
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I rasied up my prices big time last year for other work, such as spring and fall clean up, so this year I am just sitting on the prices. Those prices last year I rasied up approx 77%. Yes, you heard me correctly, 77%.

The only prices that i have had to raise this year was fertilization prices. I raised the rate to an additional 25 cents per 1,000 sq ft, and I put in charge of 25 cents each mile outside 7 miles of the shops radius that I have to travel to service the property.

Steve
05-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Quote[/b] ]and I put in charge of 25 cents each mile outside 7 miles of the shops radius that I have to travel to service the property.
Good idea.

tiedeman
05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
It's something simple.

kc2006
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm raising my hourly rates up this year like Troy suggested in a previous post. I sat and figured out fuel mileage of the truck and fuel consumption of the mowers and I'm fine on all my current mowing prices. Any new work will be figured out more exact instead of just eye balling it though, and any work other then mowing is getting the new higher rates.

tiedeman
05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
that is why to do it I feel. Yes, fuel surcharges may be good to some people, but in my personal opinion you should have the additional fuel price already built into the price for the customer. Yes, I would love to go back to some customers and charge a little extra because of higher fuel prices, but to me personally it doesn't reflect good on your company or yourself. Just make up for next year or new customers by building in a higher fuel cost.