PDA

View Full Version : Natural organic fertilizers.

Steve
05-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I think we are going to see a lot more of this in the future. As new laws are created for chemical applicators, many may start to go in this direction.

What's your view?

Lawn firm uses grass roots care: Middletown man applies natural organic fertilizers (http://www.newszap.com/articles/2006/04/21/dm/central_delaware/dsn05.txt) - The 41-year-old Middletown resident differs from mainstream lawn care businesses in his use of natural organic fertilizers of his own mixture.

He’s quick to make the distinction between “organic” and “natural organic.” Anything made with carbon can be called organic. Natural organic products are things not synthetically manufactured.

Manufactured fertilizers do make a lawn grow and keep it green.

tiedeman
05-08-2006, 05:34 PM
I offered it as a service, and yes I do think that it will eventually go that way, it's just the cost is so high it's unbelievable. Also for natural organic fertilizers to work properly, many cultural practices must be followed as well

Steve
05-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Troy,

In the article, Stephen was quoted as saying Quote[/b] ]His system, he admits, is more expensive — $25 to $45 more per year — than mainstream companies,

Does that seem at all what you found the price differences to be?

tiedeman
05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually no, about 60% more a year. (I know I read that too and was surprised)

Also, I did a search on him, his company has made multiple penalties on them for misuse of pesticide. *One in particular was a fine of around $700.

Steve
05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
So maybe the prices he quoted aren't real? Or why do you think there would such a difference?

Quote[/b] ]Also, I did a search on him, his company has made multiple penalties on them for misuse of pesticide. One in particular was a fine of around $700.
Did you just do a Google search? Or how did you find that out? That's interesting.

Why would you think he is getting fined if he is going organic?

tiedeman
05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't know why he would say that. *Perhaps he gets stuff cheaper.

Here is where I found the most recent one. *Just click on his business name there. "Intergrated Turf Management"

Penalty (http://www.state.de.us/deptagri/pesticides/enforce.shtml)

Even though he is using organic, it is still considered a pesticide that he is using no matter which way you cut it

Steve
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
WOW they got fined $675 because there was pesticide present on the sidewalk! I guess Delaware doesn't mess around.

tiedeman
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I was kind of surprised as well. I wonder how bad it was.